OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 16

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh...seriously ABC? From the weekly recap.

A) HOLY SPOILERS IF THAT'S TRUE! and B ) NATE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! AND THEY COMMENDED THE SHIRTLESS CRAP!

Best Moment: Seeing Todd Manning in that research facility, struggling to grasp what's going on. Just like the rest of us!

Performer of the Week: Lenny Platt as Nate Salinger. Mostly for the explosive scene where he unloads on Matthew for not only how Matthew was willing to let Nate and his mom burn for Eddie's murder, but also for months and months of Matthew acting like a superior jerk to him. As a bonus, Nate provided some shirtless fun with Water Gun Wars. Many thanks for that!

• Members

They care about Aubrey, so they are probably trying to "redeem" her. We'll know for sure if she is raped.

Rama is just a plot device, and a minority, so that's another knock. If Tika Sumpter hadn't left Rama would probably be long gone. The main thing people liked about Rama was her relationship with Vimal, so naturally that's what OLTL junked.

Clint is also a plot device. That's why they had him as the evilest of evils for months and now suddenly he's a saint. I never thought that anyone would use Alan Spaulding as a textbook for characterization.

Thanks for confirming that none of this is about making Nate look bad, and is actually some attempt to make us see him as a hero. What a surprise.

• Members

LOL. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if she was raped or molested in her childhood at foster homes so you might be closer to accurate than you think! That said, I do like Aubrey. I see her as a Stacy redux but they got to the redemption in time, IMO, both literally and before she did a ton of BSC stuff.

Archived