OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 16

• Members

Lenny Plat being a lousy actor does not negate what was shown on screen. Just because Mathew lacked airtime in comparison to others, doesn't mean that people should automatically forget that he was a jack ass and he had no problem allowing his parents to railroad Nate, Inez, and anyone else in search for the killer. The fact that he knew Nate went to jail trying to protect his mother while he sat back and said nothing makes him even worse. I haven't liked Mathew in a long time and this pseudo relationship he has going on with Destiny does him no favors when he knows he doesn't like her not nearly as much as she likes him. I don't see why he automatically gets a free pass.

This may be true but it still doesn't mean he didn't deserve the punch given his history with Nate. People are acting as Nate is some caveman who doesn't have a right to be upset. I get people hate the Fords on principle but let's get real here.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What was shown onscreen is meaningless, even to OLTL. Onscreen we saw that Natalie had sex with Brody when she thought she and John were split for good. Now the show says that she slept with Brody when she was engaged to John. Onscreen we saw that Ford took advantage of Jessica when she was in the middle of a mental breakdown after learning her father had tried to rape her. Now the show says that Tess just wanted hot sex with Ford, and that Ford in no way did anything wrong.

If the show casually rewrites it's own stories then fans can't be expected to show them any respect.

As for Matthew getting a free pass - it's hard to be angry at him when he barely appears, and his appearances are all about badly written melodrama that goes nowhere and features the worst actors on the show.

• Members

Oh yes, I thought he was awful when he was little :lol: he was sooo boring and reminded me of one of those non-acting kids who does the voices on Charlie Brown specials. I thought his sister was good in her own little ott way and now I would say they've switched positions.

• Members

I thought Eddie Alderson was also fine when he had the stuff with falling for Dani, which wasn't about being an ass. The main problem was Matthew being a child of established characters, which is a serious crime on OLTL, as well as Matthew not being a "hunk" like Middle-Aged Man.

• Members

I've seen real people on television with DID before (not fictional characters) and some alters do not realize they are alters even ones of the opposite sex. So while I am not a fan of Wes development it isn't a completely improbable thing.

• Members

As seen by the counts this year, Nate barely appears and is stuck in badly written melodrama with horrible acting and that dosnt stop people from being angry at him

She helped make him likeable. He was downright awful to so many people with his constant pity party but started to mellow out around her

• Members

That only happened after the show dropped him with her. He was quite likeable around the time their friendship started up and the show appeared to be going down a romance path with them. He was obnoxious before Dani, likeable with her and then back to obnoxious after her

• Members

Not really.

He was an ass to Destiny while "with" Dani the same way he was an ass to Dani when she was with Nate.

They were fine when they were friends.

But OLTL throwing Destiny under the bus repeatedly (again) while making Dani into the world's biggest Mary Sue second only to Kelly Cramer & divesting Matthew of any prior personality? Ew.

He was determined & had purpose before her, obnoxious with her & useless after her.

Archived