OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 16

• Members

My problem with Aubrey is she's stupid and Terri Conn has anti-chemistry with every cast member. I also think the story with Cookie Cutter was one of the most pointless OLTL has ever had.

If not for all of this, and the continued humiliation of Joey for what amounts to 2 or 3 brain-dead sluts who can't carry scenes (Gina can carry a scene but Kelly is still a brain dead slut), I might be less put off.

If they'd actually had Aubrey and Joey as a real couple and never brought the hideous Cutter in then I might like her more.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*smh and chuckling in that breathless defeated way* So true. But maybe Vimal is on his way home after today. I would really like to believe that Rama truly loves him and this time killer with Cristian immediately dries on up. Funny how I could listen to Rama talk all day but the dude on Heroes used to annoy the heck out of me.

• Members

I dont see her as a Stacey redux bc for one, Stacey was psychotic. Aubrey doesnt come across delusional and crazy to me. She's very smart, resourceful and fully aware of what she's doing. Stacey was motivated by a desperate need to hold onto a man that didnt want her. Aubrey's been motivated by pure cash.

• Members

Yeah I think Vimal is on the way home soon, not sure why they thought Rama needed to get more fleshed out without him on screen, but whatever. I do believe she loves Vimal but my head is spinning about why he's in jail. How did she think this would benefit her again? What did Aubrey and Cutter say to convince her this was a good idea? Color me forever confused there. I really don't want Cristian and Rama as endgame but I'm afraid that's where this is going. I want better for Cristian and for Rama and Vimal to stay on as a cute couple :)

• Members

I am so sick of Jessica and I never ever wish death on even fictional people on principle, but I am so ready for her to go over a cliff. I think she has been ruined, frankly. I don't think her alters are *fun* or even quirky nor the least bit interesting. Just done with it all and I don't think her crazy ass should even be walking the streets.

• Members

Jessica's always going crazy. Every single year features Jessica being victimized, breaking out into her alters bc Bree has limited range. Jessica being weak, wimpy and an overall mess is independent of Natalie. Bree's Jessica has been consistently written as a blithering weak individual. Its not about proppin up Natalie

• Members

And that's my point. They see Bree as sexier than Erin and wrote the whole Tess mess just to service that. And they clearly have a devotion to Melissa over Bree since Melissa was on the show for two years before Bree. Sad, but true, so Jessica gets shafted. Even JPL has been on longer than Bree so he also gets to be a Buchanan, of COURSE.

This would've been so plausible if they hadn't made Layla a cheater :( The distance was enough to break them up, why destroy them unnecessarily?

• Members

This is how it always is when we're supposed to have "fun" with Bree's Bad Acting Alters. The family doesn't give a sh!t. It's like last year when they decided it was perfectly fine to let her wander around Llanview believing she was a 16 year old, a situation that led to her being raped.

Jessica should die. There's no other alternative. She should kill herself and then they can give a lot of story about it to Viki.

• Members

Being a Buchanan means nothing. Matthew is a Buchanan - look where that's gotten him. They made him a Buchanan mostly because they ran out of other ideas and they mistakenly thought that Rex/Clint conflict was a good storyline.

Jessica gets shafted because Bree is unable to play empathy, warmth, or basic emotions. She can only pull stupid faces and act like the vamp in Gremlins 2. So that's what they give her. If it had anything to do with Natalie propping they wouldn't degrade Natalie again and again and again at the altar of the unwashed moper who hates her and her child.

• Members

Im not quite seeing this devotion to Melissa over Bree that you are. I dont see why the two must be pitted against each other.

Rex has DNA but he's no more a Buchanan than Robert Ford. No one in the family gives a damn about him (except Natalie, whom he had a prior relationship with) and that revelation did nothing to change his status on the show. He doesnt associate with them and they dont associate with him. Jessica's DNA revelation also did nothing to change her status within the family. Its not like she was shunned and atrocized. Everything remaiend the same and she's been treated and loved as a Buchanan daughter just as she always was. Besides, I dont see why being a Buchanan is such a prize. As seen be the past several years, many of the grandchildren either get killed off or banished, if not given crappy writing to demean them

we dont agree on 98% of anything but we agree here. IA on Bree. She is kinda weak and they write to her strengths. Her Jessica sucks, so they give her these other personalities to artificially give her "range" to play but it all falls flat.

• Members

Jessica's DID will imo go down as one of the worst major s/l decisions for the show. If they explained away the original Nash s/l as a mental fugue and not actually full on DID we could have been done with it. Everything else has been such a joke.

Archived