OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 16

• Members

Like he said, it wasnt about his dad bc he didnt care for him.Matthew has been a pretentious prick for the past year and kicked it up a notch after Eddie's death, taunting and picking fights with Nate. Matthew stood by adn was willing to let him go to prison for a crime he commited. Nate has EVERY reason to be at Matthew. His anger today was justified. He surpised me by cooling down and listening to Matthew and actually decided to give him the opprtunity to turn himself in, as opposed to ratting him out and trying to make it worse with the cops

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although Nate is a useless character I understand his anger. Mathew had absolutely NO problem letting him or his mother take the rap for something he did. Nate even went to jail for it. And Mathew was a total jack ass when when Dani dumped him. Still remember him calling Nate "cabana boy" last summer and humiliating him at the country club. Yeah, Mathew deserved that punch - sound effects and all. Too bad it was fatal. And since he doesn't know that Mathew wants to come clean, why wouldn't he think he did it because he still resents him and Dani.

• Members

+1. I think people are too blinded by hate for Nate to actually see why he would be angry at Matthew. Mattehw always seems to get a free pass for the way he treats him, yet its always Nate in the wrong. He antagonizes and bullies Nate and up until recently was still whining about losing Danielle. Matthew is a rich snob and an overall smug prick. But its a-okay bc its all directed at Nate. :blink:

• Members

Except Matthew has been written as an angry prick before Nate even entered the scene, but Nate is an easy scapegoat to explain it all away. Matthew's attitude is consistent with how the character has been potrayed for the better part of the last 2 years

• Members

I just really don't care about Nate being jailed for the shooting, the character is just useless and whatever happened to him was no big deal to me. I tend to favor legacy characters over poorly written new characters.

Wes is clearly helping Marty now. Judging from that flashback that Wes had, which would have been from Jessica's memories, I can't help but wonder if they are hinting that Jessica is okay with helping Marty just to get back at Natalie.

John telling Clint what to do warranted Clint blaming him for the whole mess.

• Members

Matthew was written as much more complex, and his behavior had much more sense behind it, until Nate showed up. Only when Nate showed up did he become this classist quasi-racist who was persecuting saintly Nate and his banshee of a girlfriend.

And as always with OLTL and their pets, it did nothing but destroy even more characters and provide absolutely zero storyline. OLTL excels at making fans hate characters, but never at making any of them popular.

Archived