Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think that article is missing the point. IMO, the premise of Revenge was always untenable as a tv series. The creators were always going to struggle to find ways to stall Emily taking down the Graysons which she could have down in 10 or so episodes. So of course, they had to come up with the Initiative and rubbish B stories for Jack and his crew. I do approve of hottie Aidan though.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I hated Amanda in the beginning but she began to grew on me. Her death was so sad.

I don't understand all the complaints about this season except maybe the Ryan brothers. I like Aiden even though sometimes I think the actor is hard to understand. With the Initiative, while the storyline was confusing, the writers had to go there eventually with them since they are the ones who had to do with the bombing of that plane. I am glad that Helen woman is dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
This why prime-time soaps can never make a major comeback, unlike the 80s and 90s. The premises presented are too limited.

Season 1 actually faltered a little once the show was picked up beyond the initial 13 episode story. I know Mike Kelley had planned to resolve the dead body issue in the 1st 13 episodes.. but when ABC picked up the show, he ended up adding filler. I would have resolved that story in those 13 episodes, and then plotted out the fall-out/next step in Emily’s revenge for the remaining 9 episodes.

Shows like Knots Landing had 30 episode seasons, but they had several ongoing story lines that were paced at a different speeds. One story would just be starting, another would be in the midst of buildup, another would climax, while another story would be resolving/moving onto the next arc.

Revenge is sometimes too limited in scope/story to do a 22 episode season successfully… I think the show should have been a one season- 13 episode mini-series as opposed to an ongoing show.