DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree. Sindacco makes a good point though. Stefano blackmailed Kate into marrying him. They didn't exchange vows because they loved each other. Quite the opposite, in fact. When did that change? When did their marriage turn into something loving and sweet? You don't go to bed hating someone and wake up the next morning head over heels in love with them. That just doesn't make sense.

As usual, Dena skipped all the necessary beats of the story and jumped straight from A to Z with no explanation whatsoever. Typical of the hack.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I missed the beginning of their relationship so I cant judge that, but I did see it starting from late last summer to today and I enjoy what I see. For whatever reason, they just work for me and I buy their love. I thought she handled their breakup realisticly as well as their reunion

• Members

I agree with you. I think Kate and Stefano are great. I just wish we had seen the evolution of their relationship. I mean, Kate went from being so miserable in her marriage that she contemplated poisoning Stefano's food to kill him to suddenly being head over heels in love with him and wanting to spend the rest of her life with him. It was an overnight thing that was given no explanation whatsoever. The beats weren't played. Typical of Higley.

• Members

How could the show not follow up on the Taylor/EJ/Nicole scenes from yesterday? I wanted to hear Nicole's "announcement"!

Melanie & Dario wub.gif What a nice surprise, Mel asking him out for coffee at the Java Cafe. I loved Dario's cute little reaction to that & the way he said yes blush.gif I just LOVE these two!!

Kate/Stefano/Chad scenes at the Cheatin' Heart were great. Agreed with the Kate/Stefano love in this thread, lol @ the way Stefano kissed Kate today at the hospital when she told him she's officially 2 years cancer free! That was cute!

LMAO at Chloe getting pissed over Jenn & Daniel going on a date. Loved her scenes with Jennifer! Chloe was like "Listen, you bitch" LOL! Chloe was so out of line in that scene but I still loved her attitude.

Who is that new guy that approached Chloe later on at the bar? I hope it's followed up on tomorrow. Ok, I knew a new guy for her was coming but wasn't there someone different last week? I thought that guy who asked her out to dinner meant something. Now there's this guy who surfaced today...

I love Jenn/Abby scenes. They are very believable as Mother/Daughter. Melissa Reeves is doing fantastic selling this awful storyline with Daniel. I admit I loved when Jennifer tried on the earrings Abby lended her for her date with Daniel. Jennifer was resistant to them cause she thought they were "to hip" LOL.

I HATE JENNIFER/DANIEL. UGH!! Ofcourse something had to happen at the dinner, what is Jennifer choking or is she allergic to something in the food? Something incredibly cliche rolleyes.gif

Guest dc cubs

As much as I hate all the air time EJ gets, it was very bad for Days not to follow up today with them after what happened yesterday.

The guy that approached Chloe at the end of today's episode is on contract. We will be seeing more of him.

• Members

But would anything make you actually five a damn about Melanie? Brady? Sami? Chad? Rafe?G Gabi? Dario? Taylor? Daniel? For that matter Stefano, Vivian, Victor, Hope, Bo, Lexi, Will, Jen, Dan? Honestly, even if stories were well written would you be able to get over the hatred and come around to liking them? caring about them? being invested in them? Be it for the first time or a time again?

I ask because this is how i felt about GH about a year ago, and i realized no. I wouldn't. Nothing can be done on that show to bring me back and make me really care, not like i did.

See, this more "neutered", less carton Stefano has made me LOVE him. And its not like he is mr happy go lucky "i love the world" guy. Hes still doing very stefano like schemes just on a smaller scale without the mustache twirling and evil laugh. His interest in Will was ver similar to his mid90's interest in Sami. His romance with Kate has taken him from one note cartoon to multi layered guy. The same goes for Kate, finally after 15 years she has grown up and is now rather mature, yet is still kate at her core. As for Vivian, she should have never been brought back or kept on. Yes, Vic/Mag was an accident, but it was an accident that occurred over a year ago now that the show has gone with and given considerable story too. Its a story they have stuck with, and given promotion too. They play it into other stories, and even if it is a C story i find its very solid, and consistent.

And as for why to invest because everything is eventually undone... well, to be honest that question can go back decades and be posed. It can not be answered for everyone, obviously for you it means you dont., For me, i watch and invest because i love the characters. Well, most of them. I honestly only full on hate 2 or 3 characters and have serious issues with another one or two.

• Members

Right now? Yes, it would be awful.

However, there have been times in the past that it could have worked. And it could in the future. The story could be told, but it would require a very well done story that was planned out.

It wasnt one day they were a loving couple. It was over the course of awhile. She saw that he accepted her, he appreciated her, and for who she is. Not who she could be, no who he wanted her to be, who she is. As that happened she saw a different side of him and warmed up to hima nd grew to love him. I totally buy it. The actors sell it. And the characters do wonders for eachother.

I was really into Melanie & Dario at first.. but its flatlined for me. Im just not feeling it, at all.

The jen/abby scenes were great!

and i LOVE Jen/Dan :wub:

I think its funny you find them so contrived and forced because i find Mel/Dario much more so. lol.

• Members

I do the recaps over at DR for Days, and I've mentioned on there that although Francisco San Martin is improving, I'm not quite getting the connection between Dario and Melanie yet. There were glimpses of it today. Melanie actually has better chemistry with Brady, but the show doesn't seem to know how it wants to play that connection (Romantic? Big brother/little sister?).

This is why I kind of wished they hadn't rushed the story along. It was almost like Dena wanted to have something in place for when Nathan, Phillip and Stephanie all left Salem, even if she had to jar it together.

• Members

Ha, there's no doubt both are contrived and forced ;-P I don't really have a problem with that though. What I hate most about Jenn/Daniel is that I just cannot buy that Jack has up & abandoned Jenn & Abby and Jenn now has reason to "move on" from him. I think that's just ridiculous!! Jack would NOT do that. Jennifer should be suspicious that something else is going on with him. I am convinced he's been in trouble this whole time & I hope that's the case and a story about that is to come. They need to bring Matt Ashford back. I want a story where Jenn, Bo, Hope, & whoever else go to London and get to the bottom of what's going on and save Jack. I know you HATE Jack, but that's what I think really needs to happen down the road. No way Jack doesn't care about Jenn/Abby to the point where he doesn't take the first plane back to Salem after finding out Jenn's heart was literally ripped out of her body...

IMO Daniel is just a better fit with Carly & it makes so much more sense.

• Members

I agree. Mel/Brady is interesting. Molly & Eric have chem, mostly bro/sis but i think they play it that way and can easily have romantic as well. I like the concept of him trying to protect her from Dario too, but its just.. flat. They should have had Melanie & brady all "woe is me, im all alone" and turn to eachother and just friends with benefit until it led to something more, something real.

God, i hope not. Matt Ashford & Jack both need to stay away. They are toxic to Missy/Jenn.

Why tho? Perhaps it doesnt bother me because i know a lot of people who have this type of relationship. that casually dated, became best friends, then turned to eachother & became something more, and usually follow that pattern for years to come. I have friends with whom i myself do it. Its a nice relationship.

• Members

I can see that. It would take a FAR superior writer than Higley to lay the groundwork (slowly, gradually and carefully) for such an attraction, certainly. I just love their friendship chemistry and mutual respect, which reminds me why Peter Reckell is possibly the most underrated and overlooked actor in all of soaps. In many ways he is the quietly heroic heart of Days. Other soaps have thrown over their male heroes as being "too wimpy." Bo is not on as often as I would like (he could have scenes with SO many other people besides Hope and Roman!) but he is the lynchpin of the show IMO. And I say this as never having really been a big Bope fan.

• Members

I had major issues with Jennifer hooking up with Daniel if Carly was interested in him and thats only her friend. I could never see Jennifer going after her cousin's husband who is still very much in love with him.

Chloe to Jennifer: "Listen to me you bitch" Oh no, Hot Mess McGee is on the loose again!

Ewww to Jennifer's dress for her date. Polka dots? Really Jen? Abby couldnt have helped her dress better? At least her hair looked fantastic

Archived