DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so glad to see Caroline back to her full, normal, Grandma self. Babysitting the kids @ the pub, engaging in little pep talks, offering her baked goods & clam chodwer to people, etc ;-). She is no longer bat crazy & I'm glad!!

Sami/Rafake scenes did not disappoint, I loved them...wow at Fafe pretty much calling Sami a slut and calling her out on how her children have different fathers, basically airing out all her dirty laundry! That was HARSH and I felt so bad for Sami. After that I'm actually really kinda looking forward to her finally reuniting with the real Rafe...

DAYS needs to recast Sydney, pronto! The current little girl playing her is cute, but I'm sorry it just seems like she doesn't even know she's on earth!! In other words, to me she doesn't react to anything any of the actors say or do to her. She is just there and doesn't seem to want or care to connect with anything. Nicole/Sydney scenes always used to be so sweet & poignant.

Dario's daydream about kissing Melanie should've been real! I hate that it wasn't and it kind of ruined things for me at least. I hate when fantasies are used for potential couples like Mel/Dario.

Thanks guys! That is what I thought at first but wasn't sure ;-P

• Members

Over at DR I said the same thing when I recapped the show. My pet peeve, not just with today's Dario/Mel scene but in general, is when writers resort to teaser scenes like this. Since Melanie hasn't really kissed Dario yet, the excitement when they lock lips for the first time will be tempered by the thought "Mehhh, we've seen them swap spit before!"

Same goes for teasers where characters have nightmares that their secrets are exposed BEFORE the secret is REALLY exposed. When do writers get that doing something like this actually takes away from the big payoff??

• Members

I definitely saw "the old Sami" in those scenes. Also loved all the discussion of history -- how Marlena's affair with John shaped her views on relationships, how she got pregnant by two different men, etc. It was really nasty and brutal, and it made the scenes work.

And I agree about Sydney. Arianne Zuker was doing her damnedest, but that kid wouldn't look at anyone!

• Members

I loved the scenes between Sami and Rafe...lol. I love how she said she would never cheat and brought up what happened to her with John/Marlena to back that up and then fakeRafe threw her recent sexual history and how she got all them kids in her face. LOL!

Stefano's minion is so incompetent. Did he really think it would just be okay for Rafe to be dead after falling over a cliff? What if someone found the body and it came out that Rafe was dead when he was running around as alive.

I miss Johnny.

• Members

I've been complaining about the kid playing Sidney for months..if the show can get rid of Natalia surely they can get rid of a child and find another like it's nothing...I pretty much like all the child actors on this show, but this one does NOTHING.

• Members

They need to go to the same pre-school where they got the actors who play Johnny, Ciara and Theo.

Can the Rafe/Fafe story end now? Please? Rafe in a nunnery just seems like it is there to prolong this godawful story. Now that Fafe is a sadistic killer, I'm not really into his quips (I did like Sami telling him she's been faking it since he came out of hospital, though), even though I couldn't give two shits about Sami Brady. She's not even an interesting shrew anymore.

LOL. I love that Nicole is smart and stealthy.

• Members

Todays episode rocked! Outstanding EJ/Nicole scenes! I'm glad the majority of their interactions today had no background music in them...it made them even better IMO. So many great moments. Ari Zucker was amazing all throughout, I LOVED when Nicole started pushing EJ around and then slapped him laugh.gif

Taylor was such a bitch walking in at the end acting as clueless as can be laugh.gif She knew deep down what just transpired (or what she thinks transpired) between EJ & Nicole.

And LOL @ her telling Lexie that she has a feeling Nicole will be "happy" for her when she's with EJ. Bitch please!! She obviously does not know Nicole...I can't wait for that showdown!

I spoke to soon about Caroline up there! Girl reverted back to her bat crazy ways for a second today when she threatened to CUT Rafe with a butcher knife! LOL! She had such righteousness in her voice and her face looked extra stern. I was ok with that one though, I personally would love to see it happen :D

An ATM card with 2.5 million dollars on? Really DAYS? Really?!

I figured that ;-) If I could only pick one out of that group it would definitely be her...I would be so sad about no more Melanie though.

• Members

I'm really not feeling TB as Taylor. She's just not a good fit. NL was awful at first but somehow she was slowly finding her groove and making the character her own. Looking at TB she just doesn't look like Nicole's sister at all. And it doesn't help that she looks so darn haggard.

• Members

I agree, NL shouldn't have been replaced she was right one for the role. And TB doesn't look even close to Nicole. Her acting for the role just isn't good at all.

• Members

I seriously cringe every time I see someone insinuate that NL should've stayed in the role!! I'm sorry but I found her incredibly painful to watch...once Tams came onto the scene I was so relieved! I think she is doing a great job as Taylor, as the weeks progress I think she'll get even better. The transition was rough for her at first, at least that's what I gathered from her latest interviews...

And it's still the same damn day in Salem & Taylor's still in that hideous outfit. Must've been a LONG, hard day (especially for Tamara on her first day) on the DAYS set filming so many episodes. I can't wait for it to be a new day.

• Members

Me too. It's not Molly's fault the writing is bad and sometimes affects Melanie. If they fired her I would consider leaving Days after 30 years. (Yes, I'm serious. And it isn't just her, it's everything that's wrong with the show. There are lots of other things to fix.) If she left on her own, I wouldn't blame her. In fact I'd tell her run while she could. She'll find work in other things.

Archived