DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Members

I dont think thats TB as an actress. The writing for Taylor has gotten worse. She is just too smug, sanctimonious and bitchy now. Before with NL, they played her more naive and a bit innocent but she's too much of a bitch now and completely unsympathetic bc she has no reason to be this way. I think the writers are playing up to the actress' abilities bc had NL still been in the role, Id be more inclined to see Taylor be a pushover and take Nicole's hate without standing up to her. Her Taylor seemed a bit more remorseful and apologetic to what she was doing. TB's Taylor doesnt seem to care at all. She acts as if its all Nicole's fault and she's entitled to EJ bc she doesnt feel Nicole deserved him in the first place.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ALl this proves is that from day one the writing has been a complete disaster for the character. I havent been watching much and as a Natalia fan I can acknowledge she never seemed comfortable but at least she came across half sympatheic and had some chemistry with James Scott. TB and JS have ZERO. Add to the fact that Tamara looks like a bag of bones and actually older than AZ. All this shows is that Tamara can't play romantic heroine and can't overcome bad writing same as NL couldn't. TB's CArly worked BECAUSE they wrote to her strengths as did Natalia's Emily and GH did write for both of them. People forget what a disaster TB's Carly was when she tried playing her as SJB did. And all it proves is that neither actress can overcome bad writing. When the story is supposed to be a triangle and it has you rooting for the one person you are supposed to be rooting against that means its a bust. But I am not confident Dena ever wanted Nicole to look bad. BUt at least Taylor didn't look like a complete and utter unrootable bitch. I can't say I never wanted EJ and Taylor as a couple before, I thought NL was much more comfortable with EM actingwise, but I think its tough for anyone to overcome the connection and natural chemistry JS and AZ have. Not even the ever popular EJami had that chemistry. And as much as this show tries to push EJ as a romantic lead, you can't have someone portrayed as an unremorseful villian, and realistically put him in the middle of a triangle. Its just not believable. EJ is not some misunderstood bad boy with a heart of gold he's a kniving ruthless bastard. EJ and Nicole worked together before and they still do why not just do them.

When most of the boards, facebook, twitter want Natalia back in the role, places and people that have hated on NL for years and have propped TB as the best thing since sliced bread for years. that should tell people a lot about how this version of Taylor has gone over because most weren't rooting for NL's Taylor before. Shes not even being a rootable bitch. She actually reminds me a lot of the writing NL got at GH as Rebecca and how completely unrootable and unwatchable that character was. Either turn Taylor batshit crazy or just get rid of her. We know TB can play crazy since she's done that about a zillion times before(yawn). And in this case I have zero sympathy for TB. She knew exactly what she was walking into.

• Members

Well I liked NL's Taylor and never saw TB as the second coming all I know is that

I was rooting for Taylor then now I'm rooting for Niccole. She isn't even making

sense..I don't buy her as Taylor that's all...NL IMO has more chemistry than TB

acting isn't everything in soaps.

• Members

YOU mean you didn't read all the backlash NL got and that's why they replaced her? I wonder if they

are going to replace TB because of all the backlash her Taylor is getting? Of course they won't

because someone at Days thinks she is the second coming. Don't mean to sound bitter but this just

resurfaces how utterly ridiculous this all has been.

• Members

Well they said they were recasting bc they wanted to take the character in a new direction. I think their intent was for Taylor to have more of a backbone and be able to go up against Nicole. Based on previous roles, TB seemed more beleivable in that role than NL. TB as Taylor was supposed to make the character strong and fierce. The problem is the writing doesnt support that well. Its falling flat and just making her out to be an unsympathetic ENTITLED bitch. As others said, the writing for her makes no sense. One second she is saying she loves Nicole and is sorry for hurting her and in the same breath she's calling her a bitch and saying she deserves to suffer bc she caused her own misery. WTF? How is anyone supposed to root for her when she comes on so damn strong. There is absolutely no accountability on her part. Everything is Nicole's fault. And Im sick of her woe is me act, acting like some helpless victim that EJ, Brady and Lexie feel they need to protect. Lexie's propping of her has gotten out of hand Im sick of hearnig about just how wonderful Taylor is and how she deserves to be loved and happy. Barf. Its like everytime Nicole chews her out, we are supposed to feel sorry for her bc the writers are using Lexie as a vehicle to tell us that we have to. Its just lazy and bad storytelling all around. Ari and JS have natural chemistry, which he doesnt have with TB and is instead being forced even though it doesnt work. Ditto on using Lexie again to sing this couple's praises

• Members

Eh I am tired of how for TB its the damn writing and for NL it was her acting. It's the writing for both and TB's acting doesn't bowl people over tough crap. I've seen this excuse for TB everywhere about how terrible the writing is. Well you know what if Tamara is so magnificent she should be able to make lemonade out of lemons. She should be able to add vulnerability where needed and where it makes sense and strength where it makes sense. Her strenght unfortunately comes across as bitchy. People want to blame whats partially an acting choice on bad writing because Tamara can allegedly play "strong and fierce" their choice. Other than her Carly where she had MB behind her and where she flopped as Carly for the first 6 months of her run, what role exactly has she played strong and fierce. Carly where again she had the entire GH canvas propping her character? Thats the same kind of "strength" LW's Carly has none. I am tired of her ass getting the writing excuse. She's an unlikable character and bitch and she's not playing a heroine and maybe they should have hired someone who can play the character a bit more vul nerable. And if Ari were playing Taylor, I would bet we'd be seeing her as sympathetic to a degree despite all the propping because while Nicole is a hell on wheels, she can also bring vulnerability to the character that TB can't. Add the fact that no matter how many love or kissing scenes or whatever they give she and James Scott, they just have NO chemistry. But of course bitchy and edgy means great acting I forgot.

• Members

Yeah it sounds crazy but I think I liked NL Taylor better than TB Taylor. Not that NL Taylor was any good (and the "love at first site" thing she had with EJ just sucked) but I at least knew what she was supposed to be, a young sweet person. TB Taylor is a bitch that looks to be pushing 40.

• Members

The love at first site crap sucked but at least it was half believable with NL.

And one thing I do agree on, someone like NL playing a romantic heroine type makes more sense at the center of a triangle not fighting for some unredeemable villian. BUt then I don't believe Ari's Nicole should be fighting for a man either. Tamara's Taylor yeah because she's just pathetic, bitchy and desperate enough and not that attractive compared to the likes of Ari and Natalia. EJ can be in a triangle with Sami and TB's Taylor fighting over him. Let Nicole move on. But then this is a show that thinks the likes of Molly Burnett is some romantic heroine type men should all be gaga over so then what do I know.

• Members

At least I could believe that NL's Taylor was stupid enough to get herself into this pickle. And with all the fart-smelling faces, she seemed conflicted about it. The writing took a sharp turn with the recast -- I think because they knew the character was a lame duck -- but they just made it worse, because now she seems so entitled. How DARE Nicole not just offer her husband up!

I always felt that NL was on the verge of forgetting her lines, or that someone had taken a dump on the set (based on her expressions), but just because TB can more convincingly play a human being, it doesn't mean Taylor is any better.

• Members

O MY GOD LOL!!!

Honestly I'm very much a Tamara fan and still hate Taylor...I thought the writing for Taylor was awful with Natalia and is still awful with Tamara. I'd just rather watch her than listen to an actress orgasm her lines out, had to deal with that enough back when Deidre Hall was still on the show. The show stupidly pulled a 180 on the writing of the character..And honestly no matter who was in the role, the lines they have Taylor saying to Nicole would still make her an unsympathetic bitch...

Archived