DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Koslow reinvented the character known as Kate Roberts so the "real Kate Roberts" argument just doesn't work, they are very different characters played by very different actors. Deborah Adair is a great actress and she did a marvelous job for 2.5 years...but Koslow's taken Kate places for 15 years that Deborah Adair simply couldn't have. I guarantee you if Deborah had stayed in the role she would have been axed a decade ago, if not sooner. Koslow's Kate is one of the most oddly versatile characters in daytime. She can be parachuted into any storyline on DAYS and she works. She makes sense. She doesn't interfere with any dynamics. She's still sexy in her 50s, the chemistry with Joe Mascolo is off the charts, Koslow is the kind of actress who lights up the scenes she's in and the actors she works with. I will defend Koslow to the bitter end because I think she is one of the most underrated actresses in daytime.

Lisa Rinna and Krista Allen, again, totally different actresses and characters. And that isn't necessarily the actress' fault either. A lot of it comes down to the writing because they did radically change the angles for Billie under Allen's run.

I love Lisa Rinna though, such a pity that her 2002 return was so awful.

• Members

^ Totally agree. Koslow's Kate is fabulous and over-the-top and delightful, but she can also be very grounded and surprise you with the genuine emotion out of the blue. Adair's Kate was more of a businesswoman-with-an-edge, and she played it very effectively (I don't think the initial Austin & Billie story would have resonated as much with Kate as she currently exists), but I agree that Kate never would have lasted this long had she been the more straightforward Adair iteration.

• Members

She certainly did: the fabulous Margo Lynley...

Koslow's played Kate restrained from time to time when it calls for it. Her work with Kate's cancer storyline was subdued. And then she contrasts it with brazen melodrama like when Kate set the Kiriakis mansion on fire. I could go on and on. Koslow is remarkable.

• Members

I should say I haven't seen a lot of Deborah's run as Kate so I'm not really trying to put her down - I think she's great too. I just like Lauren Koslow, she was one of my favorites on B&B and I'm sorry Bill Bell let her get away, because she was in many ways the classic Bill Bell model for soap actresses.

• Members

Theo: "My mommy says drugs are bad! I wont do it, I won't!"

Ciara: "Shut up and roll me the blunt....NOW!"

Theo: "Okaaaaaaaaaaayyy....."

:lol:

No, she wasn't a slut but Allen just gave up a very slutty vibe about her. Her Billie came across alot more vamped and sexual than Pinson before her who had more tomboyish qualities about her

• Members

Daniel/Melanie/Carly bonding as family wub.gif They were delightful to watch today! That is where it's at, DAYS. Stop this Daniel/Jennifer nonsense.

Loved the Jennifer/Hope interaction but I'm tired of Jennifer and her low self-esteem, insecure self! Are they really aiming to have her transform and be more like Chloe? Seriously? Like Chloe's some amazing prize and Jennifer would be lucky and get more points with Daniel if she was more like her. I LOVE Chloe, but no. Jennifer is fine just the way she is & she needs to embrace it!

How many times is Taylor going to say she's going to leave Salem and then eventually not? rolleyes.gif I'm trying with her, I really am, all for Tamara Braun, but the character gets increasingly awful by the day!!

I do not understand why Gabi or Dario at least can't be let in on the clone secret. I mean really. It's dumb watching Rafe trying to make things ok with them and tip toe around the secret rolleyes.gif

• Members

For real. Can she just GTFO and leave already. Oh and her calling Nicole a bitch and telling her to shut up...WTH? So much for her being remorseful and trying to show sympathy. She's a bitch herself but tries to act all good and innocent. At least with Nicole, what you see is what you get. She doesnt hide behind a crooked halo

Oh man I love Nicole and EJ. I just want them to have some hot passionate hate sex! I love to see them fight bc there's so much heat and chemistry there. He comes alive around her. Ari continues to rock and prove why she's playign my favorite character

Archived