Days & Y&R to Recruit from AMC/OLTL

• Members

Debbi as the new Drucilla came to mind. Not sure they can pull that one off. I don't think Heinle is going anywhere. She just signed a new contract with the show. It seems MAB et al like the Newman dynamics as is, so I doubt there will be any recasts in that area. I don't see Young as the new Billy. Not sure where he'd fit. None of these, maybe with the exception of the OLTL guy, comes cheap. They'll probably have to dump some dead weight to make room for them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you look at their ideal men (Muhney, Josh Morrow, Miller) he's a fair match for them, especially Morrow. Offputting, lazy acting, yet also a bland "hunk" type.

The show would destroy Dru.

I doubt they want to bring the character back anyway. She will probably be some long lost relative.

Poor Debbi having to play love scenes with Eddie Winslow...

• Members

Yeah, I don't want Gina to go to another soap but YAY to her making Deadline! Now I need a good director or primetime honcho to read that, ask who she is, and snatch her up. Wishful thinking, but still thanks Nikki Finke.

• Members

Gina should be the new Victoria.

If Jacob Young goes to Y&R I hope he's not a Billy recast, I just don't think the Billy character is very interesting....well he was when David Tom played him and then Billy Miller's constant smirking killed that character for me.

Josh Kelly...WTF?

• Members

Does YR really need more cast members?

And Days has a tiny budget but they just did lose JKJ so maybe a Phillip recast as some suggested.

But I think as some already mentioned, being highlighted in Deadline by Finnke could get these 4 actors a bit of attention so

maybe it increases their profile outside of soaps a tad.

Archived