Days & Y&R to Recruit from AMC/OLTL

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's basically the same role as the one he has on AMC. I really think Rex is the better Kate child to bring back since that character does have a reason to have conflict with Stefano and would also be a brother to Sami. Or they could bring both on, but the Rex character is such a blank slate they could go in any direction they want with him. I think the most important thing is to get a child of Kate's back on the show to keep her busy.

• Members

Debbi was doing fine before coming back to AMC and she's not "primarily" known for her soap work. Debbi Morgan has been working fairly steadily in TV and film for decades. She's also done theatre and consulting as an acting coach. A lot of these actors have no options but the soaps, DM is not one of them.

• Members

Debbie Morgan I think could have a good career on Broadway. I guess it would help if she could sing and dance, but she is a great age for a lot of serious dramas. Plus, she is talented. That might be an easier path for her than trying to make a go of it in primetime, where 25 is over the hill.

• Members

Yeah I know Debbi from her other work not just soaps, she needs to go back to primetime/cable maybe do some Tyler Perry movies. There seems to be some interest with Africans Americans in primetime/cable she needs to take advantage of this before it dries up again.

• Members

And I can hear MAB saying....Who is Amy Williams??

The whole recruiting sucks donkey balls. Any wonder why soaps are all but gone. Instead of giving us spellbounding storylines....... we get popular actors from other networks put in coma inducing stories thinking that their popularity will bring in the audience....ugh.

Archived