Days & Y&R to Recruit from AMC/OLTL

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A little bitter? Like many has mentioned before, Susan Lucci may not be the greatest actress but she has a lot of star power. She IS the queen of daytime television. The mainstream media love this woman! Its time for her to be guest starring on a lot of hit series.

• Members

What a bunch of hooey. They said the exact same thing when ATWT was canceled, and Maura's agent contacted them. They put this out to keep the actors in line. Y&R's cast is already beyond bloated...75% of them work 25% of the time.

I can see it know...Gina Tognoni as a recast Ash.

Oh, and didn't Jacob Young burn his bridges with B&B? I remember some kind of dust up when he left...and he was being represented by KKL's husband or something.

• Members

Debbi Morgan is too good to be wasted on another soap (which would most likely be the case) beyond a guest stint. I see her on Y&R as nothing more than a cheap ploy. Now if she shared the screen with freshly returned Victoria Rowell that's a WHOLE 'nother kettle of fish. I don't look at DOOL so I don't know if they'd do her right or not. I hope she remains in marital bliss with her husband in suburban Maryland where she becomes a star of the D.C. theatre scene appearing in critically acclaimed productions at theatres like Arena Stage a la Phylicia Rashad. I also hope that she has a great legit agent who pushes her for any and every series shooting in New York and it would be beyond awesome if she booked a recurring role in Julia Louis-Dreyfus' upcoming HBO series Veep shooting in nearby Baltimore. I agree with the earlier poster who mentioned Tyler Perry. She'd elevate his films and be a welcome presence on one of his series (he's got a new one coming) shot at his Atlanta studio which would also be an easier commute. Debbi is the rare actor whose happiness both personal and professional I genuinely care about.

• Members

If anybody is mentioning Debbi Morgan it's MAB to waste her in the "black" story. I can see her as nuDrucilla and one of the worst stories in history. Recasting will satisfy some fans and allow them to sideline the character and not honor any of her history.

• Members

I don't think they will recast her with Dru. Unless Debbi needs the money I don't think she would even go for that. It would be a backlash for nothing.

Debbi would get more creative experience out of remaking Drum than she would out of being on today's soap world.

I would love to see Debbi start up a websoap. Or just see Debbi and some others reading some classic works to the Youtube viewer.

Archived