AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

I feel the same way, Eric. In my gut, I knew that when Felicia Behr had posted that both shows were out, that it was most likely true. So I was waiting, and I thought I was prepared. For some reason, today before I logged onto SON, I had a feeling the news would be there... and it was. Yeah, it's affecting differently (and more) than I thought it would.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I know it's been said, but I was at work when this news broke--but my friend who texted me it and I were endlessly texting back and forth on just how D level, CRAP these replacement shows are. They make The Talk seem Pulitzer worthy. And Frons' quote on them that makes it sound like these poor overweight women were stuck watching boring soaps and eating bon bons all day and were just clamouring for a show to save them and teach them how to get thin and dress well (which somehow is "exciting"). Oy.

• Members

I thought of you pretty quickly after the news was announced. You're such a strong devotee of Agnes Nixon and I always look forward to what you have to say.

I just hope Agnes might have a little say in the endings for both shows.

• Members

For me too. I honestly felt AMC was on an upswing--and despite how much I complain about OLTL's current state I admit I'll miss it almost as much. I kinda now get how strongly people reacted about ATWT and GL's cancelation even more now--it honestly does make me think things like how I never want to watch an ABC show again in my life, as nonsensical as that is I know. And I was thinking I could start watching GH or Y&R more now and switch over but really,I have no desire to watch another network soap. (And I really don't see GH lasting all that much longer now...)

Archived