AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm cautiously optmistic. She can write some of the most brilliant, intelligent stuff (Cindy-AIDS; Natalie's rape; Michael Delaney coming out story; Erica's addiction) and some mind-blowingly inane stuff (Damon Lazarre, Erica steals Maria's baby). Nothing is probably going to change in terms of the canvass or the stories currently in play, but she can definitely add some intelligence and depth to the current stories that have interesting possibilities, most notably Tad-Cara-Jake-Amanda and the baby switch stuff. Actors and writers whom I respect have spoken out about how great a writer they think she is (Julia Barr, Ilene Kristen, Wisner Washam, for example), so I'm happy to have her back full time in that regard. Maybe she can even make Rylee tolerable, because you know with Frons still there, those two ain't goin' nowhere. I don't agree that she was hired to write AMC's swan song. That's just wishful spin from people with agendas. If they wanted the show gone, they could care less about having it go out with dignity and would not hire a writer to effect that. I would hope this means that the show is safe for at least another year. OLTL too.

• Members

I don't know what to make out of this It could be a "Lorraine Broderick is AMC's new headwriter, but we are ending production next year", or its false information, or it is a final effort to turn the show around and regain some of the lost viewers but, I feel like the show needs more changes to make any sizable impact. The show has been creatively stagnant for a few years now.

• Members

Depends who penned what. Susan Lucci said she just started taping the stuff for Erica's new arc, so if we do the math, it sounds like sweeps. I'd assume things are written through at least May/June and it would be after that we'd see LB taking over? Or not. What the hell do I know. LOL

• Members

The show finally seems to have some direction and focus after so much "whatever-sticks-against-the-wall" years following the Bianca baby switch story. Hoping that Broderick can elevate the current stories with some depth. I think that's all we can hope for at this point. I just hope she's not micromanaged to death.

Archived