AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you can relax. If AMC is safe for now, I imagine that OLTL, with its better demos and focus group research, is safe as well. I just wonder where all these cancellation rumors originated. Michael Logan is a credible soap journalist, and I don't think he'd write something as provocative as this unless there was a grain of truth to it.

• Members

But no one thought OLTL was in danger until the Michael Logan article came out. For a few weeks, all the press has been about AMC possibly being cancelled. Nothing ABC does would shock me, but really don't see how they can cancel OLTL before AMc.

• Members

My favorite storyline she wrote was Erica's pain killer addiction. That was 1995-1996. Also, I didn't realize this until I was watching a youtube vid recently, but the Natalie in the well storyline wasn't McTavish. As I was watching the credits, Agnes was listed first and right below her was Lorraine.

• Members

It gives me no pleasure to say I trust Michael Logan at TV Guide's report way more than SID's latest good news. SID admitted they deliberately LIED to fans on ABC's say so last year so they're lost all credibility. They are a network shill who will LIE to fans on demand now and we need to be wary if ABC PR didn't decide to shut up AMC fans for a little while longer.

ITA, Errol, sounds like bringing back someone who knows the rich history to wrap up the show.

What I CAN believe is that they are working out the last air dates for both AMC and OLTL. Maybe they are working to space out their cancellations. I can see ABC not wanting to cancel two soaps at once, too much bad PR to tackle. Any 11th hour reprieve is about giving one soap or another a few months more to wrap up story and shut down with better prep.

Archived