AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Members

Wow, I just remembered how true this statement really is.

They were past due, and John I heard was an assh--- to Eva.

There is one thing that already puts Lorraine head over heels over any of these replacements, is that I know time is running out on the Marissa character. And all I can say it's ABOUT TIME!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed! Erica has become dare I say a little boring. She isn't even neurotic anymore. And it's my guess that the writers have written into (and SL has acted into) the criticism of the character, the non-Emmy winning criticism of the character. But being OTT and out of touch is like the very definition of Erica. She is not demure and *fierce* "jus' cuz". I don't care if not growing up makes her psychotic as Wyndham criticized AMC's take on the prototype she also played. Erica's immaturity made her infinitely watchable and that's why the moments of breaking down when Bianca's life has been on the line have been such standouts.

• Members

And she went through meds and went against Natalie and so much for him and Amanda. And then I hear "oh she just got pissed and put him in a freezer" GIMME A F#%#N BREAK!:angry:

If AMC wants to do a doppleganger s/l that would be where I would start. I can see Trevor leaving her ala Jesse, but not that BS that she killed him.

All of this to pimp that Barbie Bitch Babe.:mad:

• Members

No, I'm pretty sanguine though sad if they both go at the same time. What would have always offended me, at least in the last three or four years - but not surprised me, I've often expected it - is OLTL getting tossed to cover AMC's failure. Which, again, I expected, but which stings even more now than it would have two or three years ago. Not because OLTL is much better than AMC these days, but because it is simply a pride move. They hyped up this LA thing, it failed, and no one involved will take responsibility, nor will AMC be expected to take the hit.

I don't hate All My Children, and I don't want it cancelled. If or when it is, I will grieve with its fans as a fan. That show is a proud institution, and frankly it had a much longer and more consistent run of quality and continuity with its history and core families than OLTL. It deserves so much better than it has, it should be saved, and I am glad it is getting Lorraine Broderick in some capacity. But what I abhor is the idea that after several years of preferential treatment, any soap would continue to be prioritized over a soap that has not only made its margins and, on average in my opinion, been a better show overall in the last half of the decade. Not by much in the last couple years, but enough.

Archived