AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What? Oh please, come on. I hope this isn't referring to me enjoying Trevor and Edmund's deaths (not the particular storylines -- but definitely the outcomes). I hated Edmund. Always did. Couldn't stand him. I wanted to toast marshmallows and makes s'mores in that fire. I didn't know much about Trevor at the time, but now I've watched enough clips and episodes of him to know that I don't want his obnoxious, corny, porkchoppy ass back in Pine Valley either. So, yeah. And we saw the dead body in both cases, too, so....#WINNING.

If DAYS's Bo, Hope, and Roman all disappeared at sea, never to be found or heard from again, you'd really see me jumping for joy.

• Members

As I read my way through all these posts all I keep thinking is I wonder what's REALLY going on at ABC. I don't mean that in the "I think they're lying" way. I mean that in the "It sounds like utter chaos behind the scenes" way. What's going according to plan? What plans did or will change? It just all seems so crazy. I feel for the cast and crew. For us this is gossip, for them, it's real life.

• Members

I understand Hope. She's just depressing and exhausting. The other two leave me feeling confused and sad. Roman; confused, for he hasn't been an actual character since the 90's and even then it was strictly supporting. Bo; sad. He could be a great character without Hope. Plus, Peter Reckell is one of the few good actors left on DAYS.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Edmund and Trevor though. No huge loss.

• Members

She might end up writing her ass out. Lorraine has no patience for BS characters. I think what works more in our favor is that during her writing, she wrote that thing far away from the Chandlers and not one bit close to David or Kwak. Gave Marissa that flu and let Annie & JR develop. Lorraine would never continue that BS of JR forgetting about Annie, like this crack staff created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Traj5qbhjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xEGUqA9kY&hd=1

This was Lorraine's work. At best JR will be better than this current version, unfortunately MCE has left us, I'd give anything for her return. Any of these recasts or newbies, not one of them bring what she did.Anyone wanna bet Jacob was jumping somewhere when he heard Lorraine is the headwriter, he went to these two fools in DK/DS and pleaded they write JR to have more remorse over what happened, we know LoBro will definitely do that. If I'm Chrishell I'm ecstatic, the material she gets will be Amanda Dillon, not that bimbo we've been seeing.

• Members

But this is the way it is in every corporation. It's just nobody finds the chaos going on in the offices of Federated Department Stores, Inc. interesting enough to "leak" and gossip about in the mainstream media... Although the 250 people who lost their jobs when that Macy's near you shut down might feel differently. Business is business. The way ABC's handling this is no different than any other corporation. They're figuring out ways to deal with the problem. Granted, some of the ideas aren't favorable to those who enjoy the genre of daytime drama, but that's business. It only seems like chaos because we're getting distorted second and third hand gossip about something we have absolutely no idea about.

But, to your point, I also feel for the cast and crew. Having been in a similar position a couple times over the years. You hear through the grapevine cuts are coming, they happen and... whew! You're still standing. Oh, no! Wait... another set of cuts are coming, you brace yourself and... WHAM! You're out on your ass.

• Members

What seems different is all the rumors going around. When even fairly respected (by the soaps) people like Michael Logan are reporting on them it's a surprise. I also don't remember a period of so many different rumors. I think this started when the rumors about Guza leaving GH came around.

As for Trevor, I don't think it was out of character for Janet to kill him, but I hated the way it was done - just as a cheap joke.

I just hope Marissa isn't replaced by Laura Kirk.

• Members

I liked Laura. But she's not coming back since Laura Allen isn't. And no I'm sorry Janet Dillon, Robin Mattson's Janet would never have killed Trevor. :angry: I'd be scared if I'm SaG's Marissa, I can see LoBro bringing back Reese and ax'ing her out.

This is the same woman that wrote the dialogue on Marissa from Annie's mouth and JR not denying it.

"Sure she's sweet..and..pretty and smart, but lets be honest the woman isn't exactly overflowing w/ excitement"

• Members

You know, every time I see this over-the-top outpouring of love for MCE (who I loved, too!), I'm always tempted to remind people that Annie was as useless as, probably more useless than, Marissa for the better part of her run. Annie could have given up the ghost at any time over her first three years and nobody would have cared. Marissa is nowhere near a lost cause, all they have to do is find the thing that makes her tick. Which ain't hard to do because her mother sold her, for goodness's sake. I know I complained in the past about Marissa throwing that in Krystal's face in completely unrelated situations whenever she couldn't have her way, but if the show went head first into her just outright hating Krystal and wanting nothing to do with her, then I can roll with that. It'd take some work getting to a point where Marissa decides she can't get over it (pull out another secret, a plausible one that didn't necessarily have to come out when the original reveal happened), but it'd be worth it.

Archived