AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was from 2 years ago when Pratt was fired and I was thinking, "Why did someone bump this up?" :lol:

GET OUT OF TOWN SOAP FANS! Am I dreaming? :closedeyes:

I will never :rolleyes: again at AllMyDays@GH if all this news is true. :lol:

• Members

McTavish and Broderick would probably kill each other (or, rather, LoLo would probably kill Megs), but them together would be the best possible option for the show at this point. Haters, stay pressed.

Well, I mean, yeah, get rid of that useless creature first. And don't replace her with Ellen Wheeler or Christopher Goutman.

BUT, I mustn't let myself scheme and plot. No one at ABC is of the mindset of "Let's try to save her!" They're more along the lines of "Get her purse And them rings!"

• Members

No soap needs a baby switch. Ever again. They also don't need a WTD, or a dead baby or a new character comes to town and is shoehorned into core family. Unfortunately that's what soaps do. All of them. Constantly.

So the best we can hope for is to have a cliche done in an IMO affecting, compelling, emotionally resonant way like the Hubbard story as opposed to the trainwreck of say the "Rex Balsom Parent Quest" on OLTL which based on commentary was neither affecting, compelling or even palatable. In fact it seems to only be notable in the amount of time it took.

But since you say AMC doesn't need a baby switch, what do you think they need? Hold up. I'm going to start another thread for that.

Archived