AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got to say AMC has had their fair of chances to stay alive. So many HW changes these past years. The move to LA....talk about being lucky to still be around.....but I think this is it if Broderick can't budge the ratings this show is done.....

band-aid-by-rsspiecesdotcom.jpg

• Members

All soaps have these days are band-aids. I'll fight for these soaps but they are in their final decade on network television. I'll take band-aid after band-aid IF it gives an extra year here and there.

The only way Rylee will truly end is if AMC is canceled or Frons just finally lets go or is let go.

Factoid: This past week marked DK/DS 45th week of credited material.

• Members

Not necessarily. Cancellation could very well have been the plan but then something changed. Most likely something about the replacement show(s). Someone decides not to sign on the dotted line, someone who was available no longer is, etc... There's a reason we haven't gotten official announcements on any of this and that's because it hasn't been a done deal.

If this is true, I'm hoping that dodging this bullet makes Frons realize that it's his future on the line too.

• Members

That's so easily forgotten, isn't it? And then there's the Rylee castle, I mean, anytime anyone starts to think either of them will ever move on, go watch those scenes. And remember who wrote them. ;)

I don't hate her like I do MMT. I just wasn't impressed and think that she's just as bad...she's just "schooled" at being bad. We'll see. I'm castiously optimistic. But for all we know if all of this is true, she's just interim again. I mean, if K&S's contracts were up in March...and we didn't hear anything...it kinda sounds like Pratt to me. Sliding LB in to whatever, for however long, before the new HW/s are ready.

• Members

Lorraine Broderick has never been a writer who brought up the ratings, so I wonder if she is being used mostly for some balance. Not that it would ever happen but I've wondered what a show where Lorraine and MMT were co-head writers would be like.

• Members

I am glad for u AMC fans. I still hope its not the end. Maybe Frons gave LB a one year mandate to lift ratings and demos. Maybe this time Frons gave LB Carte Blacnhe(sp?). Hopefully AMC's ratings will rise, putting pressure on Days to find them a new HW. Sherri Anderson, Brash, Cwickly????

• Members

Nobody will ever unanimously agree on what does or doesn't help or hurt a show. To some Broderick is a band-aid, to others she's something that will help the show, to some other she's something that will hurt the show. Cant satisfy all of the people all of the time even during the best of times.

To be fair I don't think anybody here has really been arguing that balance is bad under DS & DK except for you until a few months ago. IJS.

Archived