AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Members

At this point, everything's a band-aid. Everything. Every new HW, any new EPs that might be on the horizon, any cross-country excursion to Butcher Holler, Kentucky, all of it's a band-aid. Nobody wants to get a second opinion, everyone's sitting around waiting for the old hags to die so they can collect their inheritances (a two-hour block of fertile time slots ready to be filled by Tori and Aisha).

But if the band-aids (or pills, rather) ease just a little bit of the pain, I'm in.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow :blink: I mean good? I will reserve judgment.... she just could be in charge of seeing AMC off into the cancellation heap... which I guess is good... maybe the ending will actually be respectful to the rich history of the show.

• Members

I wonder if she will touch up on the Asher/Adam/Caleb/Miguel/Sonia story bc what K&S ended up with is NOT what she started with. I wonder if she will try and fix up that story and have it play out as originally envisioned by her

• Members

LOL. Kylie there are a few on here who dislike LB. To me at this point she's the best possible option for AMC. Full stop. I don't think McTavish has any good left in her for the show I know some fans wanted her back, Agnes can't return full time, and they're not gonna pick anyone new we all know, instead we'd prob get some other show's failed HW again. So like I said, I'll take it.

• Members

I wasn't overly impressed with her interim stint, but the show had a much more positive and cohesive feel. I think the majority of love and support for LB is still from her 1995-1997 stint. For me, the last great, consistent period this show had. She can ride off that in my books for as long as she wants. Maybe if she is now a permanent head writer, she'll be able to flesh things out and get some good storylines going. She was hampered with the interim label.

• Members

No we won't, so I highly doubt David and Greenlee will ever be anything more than friends again, if even that. I just feel like she hides her plots points in history and then by the time it's over, and there's no resolution, we look the other way because it was "so good and according to history".

For me it was when she gave me that incredible David/Erica stuff, only to follow it up by that stupid shooting con. She gave Erica no reason for it. She gave her no feelings of empathy. No nothing. It just happened and the whole thing turned out to be nothing more than a plot point to get David on the run. To me, the history was bait and switch.

She could be interim too. I still smell MMT all over the recent spoilers, especially Erica.

Archived