AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's still time to make major changes - GH was thisclose to being canceled in 1977/78 when Gloria Monty came in. Clearly AMC is not going to become what GH became after that but if they would just bring in a new producer and Frons would keep his hands off then things might improve enough for a decent ratings increase.

• Members

She's definitely not all that for me either. I don't by any means of the imagination think she's a proven ratings magnet either. Current, new or old writers nobody is going to get all love. She is a crticially acclaimed writer for AMC and if she's there to handle them to the end whenever that is (and hopefully it isn't this year) it probably isn't the worst choice.

If all this is confirmed by ABC, I would be good with DS/DK staying with the show because while I thought they were simplistic and dull, I didn't think they were terrible. One thing Broderick should take that they gave is a more balanced use of the AMC cast. As critically acclaimed as Broderick was she was as bad as McTavish, B&E and Pratt with balance.

• Members

And how long was that? It was only a couple of months wasn't it? She also wrote the stuff in the castle for them. Where they basically said they'd NEVER, EVER be done.

When you actually LOOK at what and who she did write, I'm not sure you can say she favors David/Greenlee over Ryan and Greenlee. I think all she was told was keep them apart for x amount of time before reuniting them.

• Members

Has any headwriter since Frons got the job written anything different? I know people will come in and yell that David and Greenlee could have been this, yada yada yeah, but I also remember her right before the wedding being in the castle with Ryan all but telling him when she was done being mad at him, they'd always find their way back together.

They'll never be done. We know that. Why would anyone hope at this point? LMFAO

Archived