AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haters, stay pressed. lol.

I agree. McTavish and Broderick actually working together would be AMC gold if McTavish could keep her sanity and if Broderick could tolerate McTavish just enough so that a potential arrest entering the equation is avoided. If they could get Behr back on the cheap and if she could run a cost-efficient ship, all the better.

I dreamed a dream.

• Members

Echoing this sentiment.

Wow. I totally did not expect this... not at all.

I saw Jack's and EricMontreal's discussion about the differences between McTavish and Broderick today, in another thread... The obvious points being that McTavish is plot-driven vs. Broderick writes mostly from character. I've always preferred Broderick's style for AMC because, for one, I think it fits Pine Valley's identity so much better... and second, because it's like she can make even the most simple scenarios - like random dialog between characters - entirely compelling. There's so much attention to detail and, while not always perfect in direction, it's really compelling to watch.

I don't know how much longer time (if ANY more time at all) this actually gives AMC, but I DO think it means it's very likely that Broderick will be the one writing Pine Valley into the sunset. As a viewer for nearly three decades (yes, I've really been watching since I was a wee little kid), I couldn't have asked for anything better.

• Members

At the rate the news is coming I'm not counting on anybody keeping their jobs BUT with the right assistant under the right circumstances, JHC can be reined in. I've been in positions when I had to "manage" up and I've forged my fair share of signatures in order to save my company some $$$

If AMC has really survived, they need to treat this like a near death experience and come out swinging like Scrooge after he got the visit from the Three Spirits because if they really aren't being canceled, you bet your ass its Christmas Day!

• Members

LOL! Sorry. I've just been sitting here for the last few days going, "It doesn't seem like K&S to

Erica." And now I'm going, it doesn't seem like LB at all. So who's left? Basically, OH [!@#$%^&*]. LOL

Archived