AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know some people wrote Sue Johnson (who is essentially the ABC Daytime VP) last week pleading with her to let Broderick and/or Jeff Beldner plot the last months of the show because of their extensive history with it compared to D&D. I don't know how many people actually bothered to write her, of if that has anything to do with this (certainly the pleas for Broderick have existed since D&D were hired), but I'm just mentioning that that there was an concerted effort last week.

If she is being given the position so she can write the end then I actually appreciate ABC doing that. If she is being given the position as a last-ditch effort to save the show then, as has already been stated, it won't work because she isn't a ratings-getter.

• Members

If AMC has somehow managed to get a reprieve, I go back to what I said when this vigil started: fix the budget. Even if it means more scenes in that god forsaken park. As long as that's out of control, the show is more vulnerable than it needs to be. Fix. The [!@#$%^&*]. Budget.

It's funny how we get a bit of potentially good news and everybody starts clawing at each other like drag queens at a wig sale.

• Members

ICA. As much as it sucks to say and hear, it is writers like McTavish, Pratt and Guza that are most able to get the ratings gains. Ironically, these are the same writers that eat away at long-time fans loyalty with their insanity.

Are they getting rid of JHC? lol ;) The show really has to get more efficient from the production stand point if this is really another chance, and not just a rainbow on the green mile.

Archived