OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 7

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think he already got one.

Does OLTL still have directors? Or do the actors read their lines and then go home?

Aside from longtime vets who come in already knowing what to do I struggle to remember any new actors on the show in the last few years who don't struggle, and in some cases, get worse and worse.

• Members

:wub: Natalie was my hero today. YOU GO GIRL!! I just hope she really meant that last part. "John's all yours!"

Previews: What is wrong with cutie pie Liam!? :o

This bullying storyline feels like a bad after-school special. But Blair, Gigi and especially Shane are bringing some real moments to it. Shane especially. That little actor is really good. His face just breaks my heart. Bullies suck.

• Members

Another whatever show.

Robin Strasser has a new hotline message:

212-414-5300

She says that she was told that they don't have anymore story for Dorian, but for 2 or 3 years they've been marginalizing and phasing her out basically. Talks more about OLTL and barely being on and so on....

• Members

I respectfully disagree. Is anyone telling John that it's noble of him to keep feeling sorry for himself, drinking, and taking it out on other people? And I don't see anyone cheerleading John and Kelly. In fact, Kelly even told him today to stop feeling sorry for himself and to forgive Natalie.

I think this is the only story where the show tries to present the characters equally. Natalie, Brody, John, and Jessica are all being written as being at fault in some ways. None of them are supposed to be completely right or completely wrong.

If anyone is being written without fault here, it's Gigi. And she's not even a significant part of the story (well, she's insignificant in other ways, but that's beside the point.)

And I like Natalie, but I never thought she was very smart. She is her own worst enemy (which isn't exactly a slam to her, since it's something I like about her.) And Gigi is just stupid in general. That's pretty obvious.

• Members

I like Ted King. He's not the greatest actor, but he usually has presence.

However, Tomas is just too low-key. I'm guessing this story is going to pick up soon, and I hope so, I don't want Ted to play Lorenzo, but I feel like he should be much more of a force than he has been. Then again the writing.... <_<

Archived