OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 7

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tomas' accent really comes and goes, huh? :P I really don't mind him at all so far, he has a John-like energy minus the qualities that seem to annoy everybody. So much casting news of people who haven't shown up yet, seems like the show is about to become crowded again. I'd just like to see them deal with the people they've got already. OLTL has this thing where they get bored easily, focus too heavily on the people we'd like to see less of, don't focus enough on the ones we do. I guess that's all relative really, but I think there's some truth to it.

• Members

He has one of the worst French accents I have ever heard on a soap--near indecipherable (I don't consider it a good thing when I need the subtitles to understand...), until a day or so later I heard Jack on AMC speaking to the French lawyer (though at least Jack has never claimed to be fluant...)

• Members

I think they're actually committed to Tomas, if only because RC is desperate to cement Todd and Tea 4EVA and wants to make sure he can fob Blair's fanbase off elsewhere. And that's fine with me under the circumstances and considering what Todd has become; I also enjoy watching the slow, natural implosion of their life. Plus, I actually really like the Tomas story and the mysterious connection to Todd.

I'm sure whatever it turns out to be will in some way undermine Tomas vs. poor misunderstood Todd. But it's still interesting right now, to me at least.

• Members

I think being Tea's brother saves him - otherwise he'd already be taking Danielle hostage.

I have to admit when a story's entire press campaign is based on, "Roger Howarth might really be coming back...you never know!" it's hard to invest.

• Members

My friend just minutes ago saw Kim Zimmer in the Nora Ephron one woman show Love Loss and What I Wore and met her at the stagedoor after (as he does for all the plays he sees--which I always find ridiculous but...) He's been texting me--he only started watching soaps (cuz of me) this past year, but already has fave actors. Anyway apparently Ilene/Roxy was there too and chatted with them a bit, and my friend mentioned to Kim how he had just seen the GL Slut of Springfield scene (I sent him a link yesterday because I felt he should see it before seeing her) and how much he loved it, and she replied apparently "Oh of course you do! You seem like a nice young gay man, so of course you do!". LOL He also mentioned how much he enjoyed her scenes with Dorian, and she said she did too but not to expect many more... <_<

(I hate commenting on Kim's appearance cuz it usually leads to the same old jokes, but he did say he thought she looked amazing in person and had great stage presence).

We still are getting scenes with Tea saying Todd hasn't seemed himself, mysterious phonecalls, etc...

• Members

If he hurries I'm sure he can pump Kim Zimmer for more BTS information. I like the woman a lot now but she is not known for being prudent. Talk to her for 10 minutes and we may find out about May sweeps.

• Members

Please. That was the coolest thing Marty's done in years. (If only she'd clock Todd a few times.) Nat had been running around a bomb scene just hours before that. Either pregnant women are fragile flowers who should be subjected to a Victorian "lying-in" or fully functional women who can handle the stresses of family and career. I have no interest in the Melanie Wilkes model of womanhood and since Nat managed to carry her unconscious kidnap victim up a frozen mountain clad only in her Jersey Shore white trash wedding ensemble complete with shotgun, I think we can safely assume the slap did her no harm.

Are you one of those people "too good to stage door?" :lol: Because I'm going to stage door the hell out of The Whipping Man and MF with the Hat! For the chance to get a picture with Andre Braugher and/or Chris Rock? Oh yes!

• Members

LOL!

Eric, that story about your friend is hilarious, and yes, that is disappointing news about not expecting more Echodorian scenes. I listened to Robin's Hotline message that someone posted about earlier, real downer. :(

• Members

HAHAH no, honestly I'm just too shy really. If I lived in a bigger theatre town like my friend (he goes to about five shows a week--obviously easy to do in New York) and was with friends who "stagedoored" I prob would too, and love it. Umm I did chat up two of the leads from the tout of Chorus Line the other year, but it was in a gay bar after the performance and I had had a few... lol

Archived