OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 7

• Members

Aurbey and Clint, just have hate sex already! I love these two together

Slapping a pregnant woman after she herself had a miscarriage. This was the UGLIEST thing Marty did in the last several months. There was NO excuse for such violence

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just have a pet peeve about any violence towards a pregnant woman on soaps. Im all for slapping nad punching regular woman, but if she's knocked up then she should be off limits. Thats one thing I cant find entertaining under any circumstances even if I hate the character

I hope theres no blood connection bc I think these two need to hook up. They'll probably make her a Cramer or something. Give Melinda another retconned kid. Paul's long lost twin sister

• Members

I respect that.

Yeah, my first hunch was that they'd already hooked up in Europe. I still think that's a possibility and I can't shake the maybe related thing too. I'm not an Aubrey fan but I am curious about the true nature of their relationship. I feel like the writers are being careful with their dialogue. I got to thinking about the father/daughter thing again today when she playfully called him "dad" and I thought wouldn't that be just like a soap opera to plant that seed for a future flashback (i.e., when she said "dad" oh she REALLY meant dad, kinda thing). We'll see...

• Members

As much as I would like to see that, the thing I would really like to see is some serious chick kickassery. Yes it would suck to see women fighting over John or Joey or babies but this is ABC so women are nothing more than !@#$%^&*]. That said, at least let them be powerful, ass-kicking !@#$%^&*]. At least let them show physical, if not emotional or ethical, strength.

But who am I kidding? That's not the mainstream audience. The mainstream hates John for not for not understanding that Natalie lied to him out of "love."

• Members

That seems to be Kelly's job. Two pitiful screws and she's already addicted to his penis. At least Natalie actually had a life and love with the man. Kelly tells John to go back to Natalie and then immediately hops back on his drunken ass. It's funny to me that to his face she acts like she's all for him going back to Nat, but yesterday with Dorian she was all "John is NOT going back to Natalie! There's nothing there to go back to." :lol:

• Members

They are totally just throwing characters around to see what sticks....

It's now:

Langston/Ford/Tess-Jess/Brody/Natalie/John/Kelly/Joey/Aubrey/Cutter/Dorian/David... it's like 10 triangles all put together at this point. They clearly just don't know what to do with most of these characters, obviously Kelly is the major one as she's been thrown with John, Rex, Todd, Joey, Cutter, etc.

• Members

I don't think they know what to do with anyone. Tess will get Brody, Ford, tomorrow

It would be lovely if this show would write character-driven stories rather than worry so much about a damn couple. LEARN TO ACTUALLY WRITE A STORY FIRST!

• Members

They don't create characters now. People just go around on bumper cars and then the rest is made up as it goes along. The only thing you know for sure is if the man doesn't act like an a$$hole all the time, then he's unworthy.

• Members

YES! He could improve I guess, but it's that kind of line reading that people who are trying to act, but simply can't act (or to be fair, have no natural ability or experience) give all too often--you hear it in amateur theatre all the time and, unfortunately, on daytime every so often. It's like they've been told their delivery is too flat, and to add life to it, but don't really understand how or why.

• Members

AFAIC Ted King is the least of that story sphere's problems. I think they've handled him right.

And it's been a very long time since I saw any of her scenes, but I'm pretty sure Andrew Trischitta made Alexis Manta look like Cate Blanchett.

Archived