OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 7

• Members

Some of the stories I hear about how people dress for Broadway now, shock me. Honestly I think it's bad enough they bring and sell food and drink (with sippy cup lids) IN the actual house now--it's one thing to have a drink at intermission (in fact I think it's a must--sure that doesn't surprise anyone)--I found the eating and drinking inside bad enough when I was in London but never thought Broadway would adopt it. You don't have to wear a suit--but look nice, you're spending enough on the inflated ticket prices anyway (I suppose that's why some think they shouldn't need to dress decently). I mean I knwo there are exceptions--the only reason to see Rock of Ages seems to be to get drunk and sing along with 80s faves, but...

I am often shocked about stories you hear about people meeting celebs--it just seems common sense. And people love to talk about how crazy soap fans are, but I'm really not sure they're any crazier than a lot of other fans...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well no surprise--I don't mean this to let McTavish off the hook at all, but I firmly buy into the idea that JFP was dictating stories to Megan who seems to be all too happy to be a yes woman. The fact that the show barely changed in tone from when JFP was EP and HW speaks volumes...

• Members

I know from experience that even when you've been in a long run show, you're usually on a high when it ends and don't want to go immediately home, etc. On the other hand I can firmly believe after a day working on a soap, that's pretty much all you want to do (unless you're working at the AMC studios back in the 80s apparently ;) )

• Members

Well, that's what happens, I think, when you begin to cater more for families and out-of-town tourists. Traditional theatre-goers get that there's a certain etiquette; others...don't.

Uh...ONE LIFE TO LIVE sucks. Alright, now we're back on-topic.

• Members

It wasn't finished, as the story was cut short when JFP came and fired the Labines.

I thought the story was a good idea but got mired down in too many scenes of various Cramers like Kelly and Cassie upbraiding Dorian for her flaws, and with Mel and his smug family doing the same, Dorian's point of view was overshadowed. Mel always wanted Dorian to be Viki and the show's need to shove him into the middle of everything cheapened what could have been a good character.

Archived