OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 31

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's already been stuck with one for years and years.

I don't think the show cares about Joey as doing much other than facilitating story for others, but they do care about Kelly. The problem is they don't know how to write for her, as always.

• Members

I am loving all this set up for the big wedding. Next week is going to be so must-see!

Of course John would get a chance to put clues together before anything was revealed. I wanted him to look like a complete idiot when he learned the truth.

• Members

Thanks Eric! She's holding her signature glasses :lol: (and wearing one of old-school Dorian's signature fox hats :P ).

Blair and Kelly's buddy-buddyness was cute and refreshing, though it felt too good to be true... for long. I feel like Ted King will somehow get between them too. I think they're really trying to make Kelly work and she'll have no shortage of chemistry tests until they get it right. I don't think they're peacefully content with Cutter as "endgame" (am I using that right?).

• Members

I see little spark with Cutter/Kelly so I hope that's not the endgame.

I wish they would just settle Kelly down with one person and move far away from romance. I don't think I have ever enjoyed one of her romances going back to Clinton's first term.

• Members

I admit, I like Gina as Kelly and I don't really know why, I think a lot of it is just cuz she was a new character when I first started watching as a kid in the 90s. But I have to agree, she's at her best when doing adventure stories (and ones where she's not overtly goofy and is *smart* not relying on John and other characters she should have zero trust in).

• Members

Most of my Kelly hate stems from 1997-2000 - she hasn't been that bad this time around, she's just pointless, but I just loathed her at that time (and wasn't exactly bowled over by her in 95-96). Beyond that I think Kelly as a character is fundamentally flawed, she was whipped up out of nowhere and had nowhere to go after the initial "wild child turns good" story arc.

Archived