OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 31

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did like John and Marty together. I liked the dad/step-son vibe with Cole. I wanted this baby story to be theirs. But, no, they

had to give this story to Nat!!!! But, what I think is so sad is that now John appears like a cold fish to Marty. Today I wanted

to slap him for how indifferent he was to her! Well, it's all gonna come out in the wash soon. And, I hope John dumps that red

headed brat and does not look back!!!! Would I want him again with Marty? Well, it would be a ton better than him with Nat!

In any event, boy, what John and Marty had, their understanding and friendship, was certainly watered down wasn't it, very sad!

• Members

Perhaps it's because they're connecting as individual adult characters instead of some pre-fab, pre-sold "romance." They're just two damaged people caught in the middle of the three-ring circus that is the Buke family. I've always liked what SH brings out of ME. John and Marty were never smoldering hot but IMO they were a sweet, heartfelt pairing and their miscarriage scenes were some of the best work I'd seen Easton do in years. Part of the problem is that Frons wants John to be OLTL's Ryan Lavery when he'd be better off as Tad Martin.

• Members

Exactly, I do like what SH brings out of ME. And, yes, they were never smoldering hot, but they were sweet and heartfelt.

Their miscarriage scenes were some of the best work of Easton. And, the breakdown scenes of Marty were actually stellar work

by both SH and ME. Oh, you hit it on the head - connecting as adult characters!!!!! Bravo for saying that!!!! Well, we'll

see what comes out in the wash for both of them. But, gee, this show certainly can ruin good things, now can't it!!!!

• Members

Fabulous scenes between Clint and Bo, JvD is rocking this Evil Clint, hopefully when all the secrets/lies come out it isn't going to be the end of this Clint, he is just to enjoyable to get rid of right now.

I love watching a feisty Viki. What are they doing to my sweet Charlie??

Tell me how a priemie is already holding his head up and sitting up?

• Members

That's the one thing I dislike about this story--and I guess an example of plot based writing over character... I know Charlie obviously has a weakness for an alcoholic who wants recovery, and for someone who's the mother of his child, but I don't buy he would be this severe. Actually not going to the wedding? Having next to no understanding as to why Vicki is as upset as she is (she's acting a bit out of character too but more understandably)?

Well until the kid actually was threatened with a murder rap, a murder John himself probably woulda committed without a second thought, and suddenly everything is played 100% by the book.....

• Members

Ted King/Tomas + glasses = :wub: I can't wait to see more of him and Blair. And are they going to find a way to work Roger's picture into every Blair episode now? Not complaining but LOL.

Evil Clint is probably the best character on the show. I have no clue what comes next after this storyline but I hope they don't go back to writing Clint as a bore or say that he had a brain tumor or something. That would be so lame.

Charlie is too stupid to live. :blink:

I am so sick of Aubrey. Can we please have just one day without her eating up the screen?

Archived