OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 31

• Members

I just say Brody in terms of yet another guy who started out "badass"/"dark" and will inevitably become an edgy sympathetic romantic lead. But yes indeed, you guys are right, Jared would be a much closer match in terms of the scheming element.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can they please cut the BS with Natalie and Roxy. I love how their relationship has evolved and is at now but they need to stop sugarcoating their past. Last week they had that great scene with Roxy talking about how much she loved her as a kid and named her after her beloved dog. Today Nat talked about how Roxy would put this bow in her hair and tell her she'd grow up to be a princess bc she was special. Um puh-leaze. Roxy was abusive as a mother, verbally and physically. She hated Natalie and the feeling was mutual. There werent many happy memories and Roxy once said the only reason she kept her around was bc of the government checks she'd get. Money which she used to gamble and buy booze. They didnt have a decent mother/daughter relationship till a few years after Roxy came to town.

Aubrey's having more sex? I swear she has the biggest libido in daytime

Now its official? I cold have told you that a year ago

• Members

Starr's face when Brody opened John's door was priceless.

Natalie was throwing on her robe when Brody came in the room, but what was the point? It's not like he hadn't seen more than that already, which is why they are in trouble in the first place.

Bo punching Clint in the preview was good.

• Members

Aubrey is the worst of Stacy and Kim combined. Frankly I find gold digger skanks who use sex and/or womb for $$$ an outdated and very tired soap archetype. TC looks like she's having fun, I'm not watching her shoved down my throat. I too am cheering for Clint to stomp her to death. SOON.

Cutter, eh? He's just a piece of meat. The stripper model showed more animation.

I LOVE Rama and Vimal, too. Also Todd & Vimal could WORK well together at the Sun. Vimal is a pitiful mess but there's a sweetness in there that reminds me of Briggs who offscreen was devoted to his wife. Todd needs male voice to bounce off. Rama needs to go for Clint's throat and Todd/Tea make powerful allies. RUN the story on the front page of Sun and get BE shares falling! Have Tea defend Vimal against Clint in court. I also like the idea of Rama and Natalie meeting up... Nat needs a SMART FRIEND not the cypher Gigi.

Edited to add Carl2 was right, Frons is sooooooooo sabotaging Joey and Kelly. There's no investment, sorry those scenes were lame and I feel both characters are dumbed down ridiculously and isolated too much.

• Members

It depends on the relationship - the show gave up on his relationships with Viki and her family several years ago and also moved away from all of Todd's workplace relationships. It's generally limited to Todd, his wives, and kids, and Marty, who I guess is an honorary wife in the show's mind.

I think if Vimal stayed he would probably just have a bit role like Shaun or like Moe used to have.

• Members

I actually disagree with this, I don't think Frons is sabotaging anything. There certainly seems to be something of an investment there, they're on quite a bit, however, the problem with them is the same problem with 90% of this show, that every character is a one-note, dumbed down, nonsensical mess. Kelly said she realized that she loved Joey because she kissed Rex. How in the hell does that even make sense? But then again, this is the show that actually wrote Bo thinking that Nora wanted to have sex with Inez.

I don't deny that this show is sufficiently entertaining, but make no mistake, it still has some of the weakest, most poorly written characters in daytime (if anyone can explain the motivations and/or POVs for the following characters to me I will provide you with a medal: Rex, Gigi, Christian, James, Nate, Robert, Brody, John, Tea, Cutter, Aubrey, Echo, TSJ's Todd, Starr, Langston, Daniela, Natalie, BW's Jessica)

• Members

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I highly doubt it. RC doesn't seem to have any interest in writing a love interest for Dorian outside of Tuc Watkin's appearances once every three months. Aside from that, I don't think they have said anything more than "hello" to each other since Joey returned in October.

Dorian needs a story though. Right now she is basically floating in and out and supporting about four stories on the show.

Archived