ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Members

It's Oprah, anything's possible.

I'm no expert at all, but I figure once SOAPnet dies next year, all Harpo/Discovery would have to do is strike a deal with ABC for second-run rights to the show. OWN airs movies quite often, might as well put a soap rerun on. Her target audience would probably love it.

Crap, now I'm more serious about this than I'd intended to be myself :lol:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

C'mon y'all, Oprah don't love AMC that much. :D Actually, I think she loves it the same way a lot of people do, in marceline's least favorite way, in a sweet, nostalgic, "remember when" kinda way. I wouldn't be surprised if Oprah hasn't watched AMC in years, and I do mean years. I'm not convinced that she was still watching it in '95 or even in '90 besides catching bits and pieces. I think after all these years she's still riding high on that early '80s golden age and the fact that she was treated (and is ever grateful) for being given a cameo back in her Baltimore news anchor days. I don't think she gives a [!@#$%^&*] about Ryan and Greenlee, let alone knows who they are.

I think Susan Lucci getting her OWN reality show has a much greater chance of ever happening. :P Well, at least an appearance on "Master Class" season 3.

• Members

I saw the commercial. I may be wrong, but they included the actor names of all the actors onscreen except for Jeanne Cooper who was just addressed in the ad as "Mrs. Chancellor". Can you imagine if they had done that to Eric Braeden? That alone would spark another cover on Soap Opera Digest: "I was outraged!" etc.

• Members

Why wasn't anyone from OLTL deemed "worthy" of being on Oprah's soap show? "Victoria Lord Banks" is not an unknown character among soap fans (regardless of what Frons prefers to think). This is Slezak's 40th year on OLTL, the second longest continuing tenure by an active contract actor. She's won 6 Emmys and played 7 characters at one point. There aren't that many soaps left any more that there was no room for at least the face of OLTL.

Archived