ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Luke and Laura are just like Dallas' J.R., the cast of Happy Days, Diff'rent Strokes, and One Day At A Time. It's nostalgic and a thing of the past. It's just that soap operas are still being produced in the present, but were popular in the past.

Maybe Valerie Bertinelli needs to do daytime. She's the only up in that clump still working steadily and lookin' good.

• Members

What happened to Stedman? :blink:

More likely, they've stopped watching somewhere around 1992 or 1993. They just can't imagine this thing still airs in 2011. Or if they can, they blank it out and pretend it didn't happen because it's shitty, silly, unbelievable, atrocious and horrid.

• Members

Personally, I'm excited for this.

How much do you want to bet when Tony Geary and Genie are on stage, Oprah looks directly into the camera and goes:

"Laura. is. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! We are going to PORT CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLES!"

And then of course:

"It's Erica KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!"

• Members

It was OJ. Let's just stick with that.

As much as I hate nostalgia, there is a time and a place for it and this show is it. Part of me hopes that Oprah finds a way to show a GL a little love but even if she wanted to, there's no one who could show up to represent.

• Members

Someone posted this at SOC:

You are going to LOVE the show!!! I was there for the taping and she (Oprah) handled this brilliantly. It's a real treat for those who love daytime drama and the actors. Oprah clearly has a real appreciation for them and what they do. The Tony/Genie reunion is really awesome, and she looks A-MAZING! Just wait until you see her. We could hardly believe it. A-MAZING!

Archived