ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think TP's sitcoms are that bad, but any attempt at a soap from him would boil my f'n blood. "Lord knows a good mans is hard to find, child. You gots to take care of the one you got, child. You gots to irons his clothes and cooks his dinner and keeps his house clean, girl, mhm!! Ever since I was saved, child, alls I do is make sure my mans is well taken care of, mhm mhm mhm mhm."

I want to smack him at times.

• Members

I think his stuff is very soapy, whether one's using a positive or negative definition of the word, but my main turn-off is all of the preaching that's based strongly in a widespread culture of hypocrisy, old-fashionedess, and "holier than thou" attitudes.

Watch this sh!t. WATCH IT. This chick is studying for an exam, and this big bitch is telling her she needs to cook and clean for her man in exchange for money and dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miCXwfKSfhg

• Members

Chile so do I. Yes Lawd! *waves prayer scarf*

All kidding aside. Let Tyler Perry do a soap. He knows his audience and he gives them what they want which puts him ahead of the people making the dramatic equivalent of Taco Bell meat filling we currently have. Just as long as there are other soaps to choose from. The problem right now is that all the soaps are alike. Let Perry do "He May Not Come When You Wade in the Water but He'll Carry You To The Mountaintop" and let Carlivati do "The Chest Waxing Chronicles" and let somebody else do a supernatural soap, a rural soap, an underwater soap, whatever.

*hugs AMS* Now honey I need you to calm down. Come on over here and pray with me. "I wanna be reaaaady, I wanna be reaaaddy, Ready to put on my long white robe"

Archived