OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 24

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I am, ever since a trip I took to see my twin sister back in freezing Edmonton--I was getting better but then this weekend babysat my niece and nephew who were both sick and then the following night prob partied harder than I should have, so only have myself to blame.

And now back to OLTL before Toups gets mad ;)

• Members

Yeah..mine is about the same too..started feeling better...went back to work...coworkers sick..and it was very cold outside...and seems like it is back....ugh....

I guess we should take the convo to FB before Toups warns us....:lol:

• Members

I find Gigi & Rex both so annoying and useless but I do like how they are written as sort of a normal little family with Shane. They are all realistic together, I don't see their kind of dynamic on any of the other soaps either. I like that the show is tackling the cyber bullying issue with Shane, I think it's interesting so far. This really should have started over winter vacation break though when people are out of school but oh well. I think it's pretty obvious Jack is the one doing the bullying, it could be good because both characters (especially Jack) are connected to prominent characters on OLTL. It'll be interesting seeing how Todd, Blaire, etc, react to Jack bullying people (if it's even him, lol).

• Members

Agreed.

And those little remarks Gigi threw at Echo really annoyed me, I felt so bad for Echo.

I am still enjoying the Kelly/Joey/Aubrey/Cutter story even though Joey looks like a complete dumbass. Kelly and Cutter have chemistry, FINALLY she clicks with someone.

• Members

It only took fifteen years....

I don't really see any chemistry there but if they want to pair them together and that means he won't be the show's newest forgettable ab king/rapist/sleaze/sociopath and she will not have any more ditzy chem testing, then I hope they do get together.

• Members

I like the Shane/Jack bullying story in theory but have a number of problems with potential execution. First and foremost, soaps almost never get this kind of [!@#$%^&*] right anymore. They mangle the Internet references and usage, or they take it way over the top. This is not helped by having JPL, FF, and yes, Kim Zimmer on the scene, none of whom are known for subtlety. I like Echo, I like Zimmer, I even like Rex and Gigi in these kind of supporting roles, but I can totally see this ending in Rex having one of his grand mal seizures that passes for indignant rage while Echo howls about the Internet destroying her grandson.

I also don't think they needed to recast Carmen LoPorto, the previous Jack, whose voice had just changed and was only a tick above Shane's, if that was the issue, in terms of him being a convincing Internet bully. But the truth is that on the Internet anyone can pretend to be a badass, and I'd have found it more impactful if the slightly younger Jack had been the one bullying Shane. I assume the new kid will be good, but making him older is a bit safe to me.

Finally, I hope they take a humanistic approach to the story and end up making the boys friends in the end. Why would Jack do this? Either for kicks like a lot of people, or because of his home life which is never exactly sanguine with Todd. My biggest fear is that RC will try to make it a solely Todd/Tea angle while Blair is getting to know Tomas, which just does not track - Blair has done virtually all the raising of Todd's sons for years.

• Members

I'm very upset they let Carmen LoPorto go. He's a dynamite young actor and a dynamo! He perfectly portrayed Jack! It was always a

joy to watch him. Carmen had more talent in his little finger than others I could mention on OLTL. In fact, I thought they should have

used him much more than they did. There was no need to recast as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

Rama is a trip, "Okay, this is my husband Vimal!" :lol: Like she's been doing shots of 5 Hour Energy all day. So yet another connection. I'm thinking Rama and Aubrey have a little more in common in terms of avarice. I'm assuming they went to that same boarding school as Kelly, I guess she'll also be in that year book Adriana nabs.

Speaking of Kelly "I hope you like muffins" Cramer, I mean really OLTL? :P Oh Lord, "stallion"? :rolleyes:

Anyone else feel that *swish* of air when James angrily flew into the room? He doesn't deserve it, but of course I'm glad to see Bobby get canned. Not like he'll suffer long.

LOL at Roxy and Bree just flat out speaking the God's honest truth. :lol:

Archived