OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 24

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Charlie is trying to help Echo, but rubbing on her arm and knee is taking a bit a far. It's transparent that she's playing games.

Loved Aubrey today. She might be a con artist, but it was good to see Clint over a barrel. "Fix this or I'll fix you".

The direction in the Dorian/Rex scenes was interesting, but funny.

• Members

Well waddya know, I thought today's show was thoroughly entertaining (well for the most part)

I don't give a hot damn about James, Starr, or Michelle, but suprisingly Starr was the most irritating part of it all. I don't know if OLTL expects me to feel sorry for James, but I don't like at all.

I get what they were trying to do with the Rex and Dorian scenes, however it failed. That was a mess. I also don't like any of JPL's acting choices, they bother me. I don't know why he feels it necessary to try to make every scene more comedic.

Ahh liked Joey and Kelly today, quite a bit actually and Cutter was pretty funny. Joey showed a little fire and spark, there was some life in them, nice chemistry between the three, and I'm glad for a slow build for Joey and Kelly. This works much better as a triangle than a quad - Aubrey should just go team up with Clint.

Today was the most I have liked Terri C and Aubrey since she has joined the show and I think they should transition her out of the Joey/Cutter stuff and put her into a full story with Clint. I'm fine with her being the new Kim. She and JVD seemed like they enjoyed sparring today and they have the potential to be the new Asa/Alex. It would be something fun for the show.

Charlie is being ridiculous. Isn't Echo living in Viki's house? How in the world is Viki not being generous? Free room and board seems generous to me. The irritating thing is, while Echo does have feelings for Charlie, she wasn't even manipulating him, he was just being a jerk.

I'm Team Clint when it comes to Bo, I'm sorry, he's just self-righteous and irritating to me. I'm actually TeamClint when it comes to several characters (especially Ford, do not care that he got beat up), I'm enjoying JVD that much.

• Members

Agree with most of what you say--and exactly re the Dorian/Rex scenes. Rex always makes weird acting choices (well more often than not), but the voice over and weird camera angles were... yeah strange. However that's the kinda thing I appreciate that OLTL tries (as long as they realized it failed and don't make a habit of it) and most soaps nowadays don't even attempt.

• Members

I don't think he cares about rising to any challenge. He's had dramatic scenes in the last few years and failed miserably at them. He's been given so many opportunities that he does nothing with. He shouldn't even be on the show now - he was a big reason why the show was rotgut for big parts of 2009. Yet he was rewarded for that while many better actors in the story were fired.

• Members

I think they love the character but the actor, they seem to have realized his severe limitations. He was put into a story where he doesn't have to do anything at all. People run around him and all he has to do is make stupid faces.

• Members

They give JPL though the opportunity to perform with the best of the cast, due to that I think they like him.

I too think TC has chemistry with JvD, especially when they were behind his desk.

If OLTL is wanting us to dislike Bo, they are doing a good job of it. He forgives Bobby Ford for what happened with Jessica, what?

Archived