OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 24

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That actor who plays Thomas' dealer friend can NOT speak French with even a half decent accent. I guess when auditioning a bit part in New York they couldn't find anyone who could :P

I laughed a little when Blair commented on Thomas' "interesting" music (how come if he's American they pronounce his name in a French way?) I guess he composed it too? I'd love if this became a Phantom of the Opera storyline :P

• Members

VERY! :lol:

I'm no prude, but I find the spit swapping back and forth between Joey and Cutter gross.

Poor Shane. It's amazing how he looked like he was growing up, and with this s/l he's like five all over again. He plays a good "mark".

I really appreciate Kimmer's presence on this show. It's always a treat to see a living soap legend working, period, but she's also managed to leave all of Reva's grating qualities with Reva. I really like Echo, genital warts and all. And she functions so well as a solid supporting player, she hasn't been obnoxiously thrust to the forefront (unlike the Fords, and here we have a daytime royal who would deserve it). Keep her around, and I would be over the moon if she snatched up Jack after school and wore his narrow behind out. "I'm *WHAP!* doing *WHAP!* what *WHAP!* your *WHAP!* weak *WHAP!* ass *WHAP!* mama *WHAP!* should've! *WHAP!*"

I thought the Christening was very nice. I kinda got that lump in my throat thing. I'm surprised they were all familiar with the call and response. :P

• Members

No, they named the baby Asa Buchanan II. Ace was a nickname. Asa was his legal name.

I LOVE Aubrey. She was so great today and its been a whils since a new character entertained me so much. Not sure I want to see her have sex with Clint, but she definetly needs to marry him. Those two have so much chemistry together

• Members

Terri Colombino is doing a good job now that they've actually given her character some interesting scenes. Aubrey kind of reminded me of Abby from Knots Landing, because Abby would always go up against people and remain cool and sarcastic about it.

• Members

I detest the slutty gold digger archetypes in general and sleazy Aubrey particularly grates on me. She may join Stacy soon in totally unwatchable. Poor Clint, stuck propping that piece of trash. Kim at least had a hint of humanity that Clint unearthed.

Of the entire Kelly/Joey/Aubrey/Cutter quad, only Joey grabs my attention and that's only when he's with family. He has real sibling chem with MA and BW and ES really works their scenes well.

I've been over the twin campy thing RC can't resist for weeks but the joint Christening worked. Only odd touch was no Andrew.

Their rabid dog snarls got old a decade ago so nice to see Blair and Todd finally able to act civilly.

• Members

Yeah, I think she's selling the material just fine but that really isn't saying much as we've seen spins on Dangerous Liaisons/Cruel Intentions and The Grifters before. There is nothing new about Aubrey (who reminds me of a Babe/Stacy cross), and I immediately found Rama infinitely more interesting if only for the fact that we've never seen a crafty east asian woman like this, stereotypical dialogue momentarily forgiven. Hopefully someone behind the scenes will layer in some cultural perspective to Vimal and Rama's lives and points of view.

Archived