OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 24

• Members

They were never going to keep her with Joey anyway. They will either push her with Cutter or have her with Clint and try to make her into the new Kim. I also wouldn't be surprised if they use her to start to push Clint off the show, if he ever stops being useful as a plot device. Pratt sort of did the same with Annie/Adam. Aubrey is such an empty character that anyone paired with her will be dragged down.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Aubrey works well as this bitchy schemer. But that role is short-term in concept, and I fear they want to keep her long-term. That won't work for me.

The other problem is if you seize the obvious opportunity - doing a Who Killed Aubrey? story sometime in the future - it would surely be too soon after this pointless Eddie mystery.

Honestly, I would've hired a solid actor of color to play Cutter - they could have had Aubrey still pass him off as her brother and say "Mother got around" - and kept Josh Kelly as Joey. As it is now the Cutter role is far too thrown together as "Edgy Love Interest for Dinah, er Kelly" and JK would've been able to imbue Joey with a little more toughness. That way you could have a capable Joey and if Cutter works, we'd have a new leading man who is not white.

• Members

Oooh, yeah, he's hot.

I don't think they would've fired JK as Joey for playing stronger material. I think ABC would've had to figure out which they were more wedded to, writing Joey as a wuss or having JK around. I choose to believe the latter would've been a bigger priority for Frons.

• Members

Didn't Frons push for the show to hire Scott Clifton? Yet he still went when he proved a threat to Rex/JPL. Frons has humiliated or ignored Joey and Kevin for ten years - I think there's a strong reason for that which goes beyond any actor.

Speaking of Cutter, if he does stay around, which I assume he will, I hope that the chest waxing is improved because when he has that plastic chest and then the face fuzz he looks like someone took a marker to the face of a Ken doll. That is just about the only thing I ever notice with him.

• Members

I have been trying to pay a little more attention to Cutter scenes lately...does he always speak in a monotone? It is the OLTL "thing" I guess, thanks to ME and TSJ, and in recent years, Bob Woods, but it makes him seem like a robot.

• Members

I only recently started watching OLTL, as ATWT ended, but feel like the show has changed recently and become much more vet focused. Also, the Eddie as Villian of the Week, was way rushed and felt like Jean P. style writing.

Are long time fans loving the show right now? The addition of Terri Conn, NuJoey, Zimmer and now Austin Peck makes me feel like the soap is still chasing ex ATWT fans. All they need to do now is add Trent Dawson as David to completly doom the show. The Aubry story feels so contrived; Clint as total anti-hero is getting streched; Inez is just plain bizare;Christian and Blair are a bad match. I'm not hating the show but it just seems slightly dull.

• Members

Oy that was a dreadful episode. I started to FF thru most of it. I HATE that they are sticking that disgusting Stacy II creature in Clint's face. I adore dark Clint but yeah it's time to get some comeuppance but I want Matthew or Viki to deliver it NOT Aubrey and sorry not self-righteous I never did anything wrong Bo.

Give me Viki ripping Clint to shreds soon as I think Nora nailed it, that's ONLY person's disapproval that will really torment Clint.

As for the JPL debate. His only decent acting in a year was finding Nora tied up. He played the shocked yet sensitive caring friend very well there. He cut out the tics and just appeared more natural.

• Members

It's been much better the past couple of weeks and has been more vet focused. Don't get me wrong, I have some big probs, but... My prob is, under the current regime, this has happened before--a couple of really relatively strong weeks and then more teen/newbie nonsense.

I don't think Eddie was Jean P at all--but who knows (how high a writer is she anyway--her name isn't too high in the credits, though I knwo the original rumour was she'd co-headwrite, but that doesn't seem to be remotely true... She made her name in the industry as a breakdown writer at OLTL in the mid 90s during the first, much praised Malone/Griffith run, and I assumed that's the position she returned to?) Anyway, Carlivati for quite a while before Passanante joined has always had at least one psycho on the convas, and he seems to have a new one waiting in the wings as soon as they've left (often with a "mystery").

Archived