OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 24

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally, I really dislike it when they handle character exits like this. Especially when it doesn't seem true to the character. You don't have to make someone look bad for us to accept that they're going to be off the canvas. I would prefer a tearful heart to heart where she just confesses that the long distance thing is too painful and they both admit that they love their lives doing what they're doing and they're not ready to give that up to be together, so maybe they don't need to be together if they're not willing to sacrifice that for one another, or if it's really meant to be they'll end up together when the time is right. You don't have to make her a neurotic cheat.

But Tika looks beautiful.

Great to see Shaun and Theo, but in terms of material? :huh:

Matthew's got his Clint Ritchie shirt on. ^_^ You know, the Clint villainy stuff is ironically getting better instesd of worse. They're digging deeper.

***Okay I spoke too soon, Layla's doing that right now. :P

• Members

I think Layla's always been neurotic, actually, starting with her sister and her early scenes with Antonio. But I thought there was so much to work with with her character in the last couple years and unfortunately they've wasted it by both pushing Sumpter out the door and not recasting when it became necessary.

The bright spots here are her performance, and the JVD/RSW/HBS stuff, and Eddie Alderson, and of course Blair and Tomas.

• Members

The new promo also gives me pause. I think they may be on the verge of doing something right with these three characters (Todd, Blair, Tea) for the first time in quite awhile, either intentionally or by falling into it ass-backwards.

• Members

I :wub: JvD. He is awesome as evil ass Clint. As much as I want the family to find out what he's done, it will be sad to see his evil side come to an end. It's like a double edge sword, I cannot wait for the fall out because I need certain people to go off on Clint but I am going to miss this bad side of Clint.

• Members

Seriously, if this story doesn't lead to Roger Howarth's return, I really don't care at all. I'm kind of sick of OLTL pulling out that pic to jerk the chains of viewers. Since I'm not a fan of TSJ's Todd at all, I would more than welcome a return of Roger Howarth and them just claiming that TSJ's "Todd" has been Walker this entire time. Tomas is fine, I'm just iffy on this story right now because if it all amounts to nothing I'll be annoyed beyond belief.

JVD is, as many have said, incredibly awesome. He is just breathing all kinds of life into this show when he's onscreen. I enjoyed the scene between HBS and JVD and while Nora had good points, she can be so damn self-righteous at times that it is irritating.

I don't get why Inez is still here or where she goes from here? And she was practically holding her shirt open so that Clint would realize that she was wearing a wire.

I also fail to see the purpose of any of her kids. In fact when Dani, Nate, Starr, and James were all together, I wished that the restaurant would just explode. Those kids are irritating, and it's a shame because both Dani and Starr had promise. The Fords actually make me wish that Cole were back on the show, how dreaful.

There was no need to have Layla cheat on Christian. They could have just had them decide that the long distance relationship wasn't working. Where does Christian go next? Actually, I' m not sure that I care.

Matthew and Destiny scenes aren't void of chemistry, however that kiss was random.

Archived