OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 24

• Members

:lol:

Love your gif, Gina is gittin' it.

That kiss was just so, as you said, random, but I'm afraid also needy and manipulative. Like he kissed her because he knows he can. I guess we'll see tomorrow (hopefully), you know how they'll drop a Destiny story and pick it back up two weeks later. :P At least this involves Matthew.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I had saw the preview of Matthew/Destiny kissing yesterday, I had thought that maybe he might have kissed her because he was frustated/angry about having to leave BE. And because maybe was angry about his parents keeping a secret from him. But it didn't play out that way. The kiss looked mutual to me, and I think it played out in a "something has been brewing between us" type of way.

It seemed like like Destiny showed up because she didn't feel like going to the party and Matthew knew that and knew that she wanted to be with him. And that led to the kiss between them. I am interested in seeing how things play out between them, but it might be like two weeks before we see Destiny again, since she isn't shown very often.

I know that Destiny wasn't originally Matthew's first choice, but I have seen romances where people end up falling for someone who was not originally their first choice. Jake/Amanda on AMC is one couple like that. They dated but then he ended up wanting Taylor and choosing Taylor over Amanda, for a little while. Then things didn't work out for him and Taylor, she ended up kind of choosing Brot over him, and he ended up reconnecting and falling in love with Amanda. And claiming that she is the love of his life. to them I wonder if the writers might do something similar with Destiny/Matthew.

• Members

They did sleep in the same bed, but they didn't have sex. They said it the morning after. I thought TS was done also, but it was good to see her and I guess they gave her character closure (I didn't see the show today yet). Anyway, TS has moved on which is great for her!

• Members

If this is one of those necessary steps in a platonic male-female friendship then so be it, but I like them better as friends 'til the end and I hope they can stay that way if romance isn't in the cards. Now is Darren gonna go out and get himself a cute little bun? :lol:

• Members

I'd love the B&N vs Clint stuff better if RC hadn't a) let B&N off the hook so easily for their cheating on Clint and yes they cheated by kissing and being all over each other for weeks behind his back and b ) he hadn't rushed B&N's reunion last week. I wanted them to discuss in depth the Sam stuff and really spill their guts. They reunited without truly dealing with that old wound and that's a mistake.

I like Ted King and feel it sucks for him that he didn't even get to STAR in his intro promo. Ho hum, another Blair story that turns out all about Todd. Gee ABC didn't even give Blair and Tomas a few weeks intro to sell it on their own.

After ABC chain yanked me with Téa's death, I need to read RH's signed (in blood!) quotes IN PRINT confirming he's coming back.

I still LOVE Dani and Matthew and wish TIIC would dump Nate.

• Members

I'm not a Destiny/Matthew fan as I don't see the chem between the actors. However, that kiss sure wasn't platonic and it was very mutual. I don't think Matthew kissed her because he's angry nor she did kiss him because she was angry at Theo forcing Darren on her. I think they kissed because they feel like the other is the one person in the world who understands them right now and they felt that need to be closer. Does that make sense? It felt like that moment oh its' you I really need. It was well played actually and more subtle and nuanced than I expected considering the shallow writing for most teens on this show.

Archived