All: One soaps budget cut by 50% according to DC

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course, not everybody is up in arms over this, I use "we" as a polite collective so I don't sound like an !@#$%^&*] for calling people pressed. The shoe may not fit you R., but some fans have bought it in black, brown, and fuschia and they slip them on whenever they are baited by some "morsel" like this (again, 8 pages, somebody is giving a [!@#$%^&*]). You and I talked about this the last time he Twitter bitched some drama and a multi-paged thread was born. It's elementary school antics, the person who never got told secrets as a kid playing catch up with the "I know something youuuuuuu don't!" crap in adulthood.

• Members

Wasn't Jamey the one who basically said we'd hear AMC was canceled by Jan? Anyyyyway...

And Ann is spot on--it's very much Nelson Branco "journalism" (I finally managed to just quit reading Branco's columns whatsoever a few months back and can't say I missed it...)

It seems ironic that these bloggers, etc, seem to all think that they're a great alternative to the soap press now that it really is lacking any of the true critical weight you can see even just in the reviews Carl and others here have posted from the past. But they're either lacking the the discipline or weight to deal with any of this in a way that benefits readers or the soap industry, IMHO. Spreading gossip and blind items, and flaunting their "knowledge" benefits no one. Anyway, stating the obvious. Of course some of this does get repeated so much that people start to say it's the truth--that's my main reason why I get defensive when I hear someone mention again how OLTL is alwasy vastly under budget, how AMC still apparently has nowhere to store their sets (after a year?), when to the best of my knowledge we've heard next to no actual facts or info or details.

• Members

Exactly, and I think it's detrimental to a genre they proclaim to love (the last few Branco's I did read, it didn't sound like he was even watching ANY of the soaps. With the current state of the shows I don't necesarily blame him but that is his job, and to just mention story points--and get the details wrong--should be embarassing to him. I remember in the Fall he was talking about how OLTL was apparently brilliant again but he wouldn't know for a while cuz he was something ridiculous like 6 weeks behind--and that's his fave show so I dunno if he even bothered with his most hated ones).

LOL Isn't he the DC guy? *blush*

• Members

Jamey was dead-on about AMC's move to L.A. Some of us(including myself) thought he was smoking some of that good until it turned out to be true.

He's been right about other stuff too.

IF it's GH that's getting the 50% slash(and I doubt it), then Guza needs to be the first to go.

Archived