All: One soaps budget cut by 50% according to DC

• Members

If Debbi and Darnell leave it's by choice. Let's get real, they're both black and we know how much soaps value minorities, so how much could they really be making? If 2 year old newbies on Y&R can make more than Kristoff St. John, then that should tell you something. Since it's obvious the soap getting the massive cut is GH, I'd say it's probably mainly GH stars being asked to take paycuts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're asking Steve Burton and Maurice Benard as well.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bobbie Eakes I would imagine could be up there. Her veteran status in the industry would command her very big money. I am actually shocked they haven't dumped her. The character of Krystal was rendered useless long before her diminished airtime caught up.

• Members

I think this is AMC, they would never fire any of the big guns over at GH. God I hope Rebecca Budig and Cameron Mathison go public lol, so many actors I liked on other shows are over there but I can't take those two eating the show, and I don't want to do the AMC/OLTL debate again but there really is no telling which one will go first. GH can sell magazines, has better demos, a more loyal audience and the most popular characters in its daytime line up. The cancellation of one the Agnes Nixon soaps would have the same impact either way.

• Members

That does sound like a DC Blind Item, the way it's worded, but I don't see it anywhere. I'm wondering too what is the source?

maybe it's AMC & GH? AMC has what that make alot of money: SL, D&D. Possibly Budig & Mathison(I doubt AM makes as much as them), maybe Bobbie Eakes, but I doubt it.

GH has: TG, MB, SBu, VMG, KMo

Hard to tell

Archived