All: One soaps budget cut by 50% according to DC

• Members

Blind Item from Daytime Confidential:

Numerous sources have confirmed to me that one of the six soaps still on the air was recently felled with a massive, 50 percent cut of its production budget. Keep checking back to Daytime Confidential as this story develops...

I think it's AMC.....

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

Jamey Giddens has very good ABC sources so my bet is its one of those soaps. There's no way it could be Days as they already had their budget slashed by 40% in 2008 and are currently operating on a shoestring budget.

• Members

Y&R and B&B were recently renewed, and the last time they were, it took a few months for us to hear about the budget cuts and Maria bitching to Nelson about it (when she had previously told him that it wouldn't be happening at Y&R). It could be the Bell soaps as well...

But since ABC has been firing people this week, signs point in that direction (at least for now).

• Members

I wouldn't mind it if the talk show was going to be ultra trashy and reveled in its trashiness. :)

But knowing ABC and how they're into "celebrity hosts" they will probably suck.

The American version of The Jeremy Kyle Show is hitting syndication this fall. It will probably be the only thing I would watch on American daytime again. Sad, but true :)

Archived