OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 3

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt it. Jolie is like the energizer bunny. They're like Rylee, mandated by Frons. I think after the fallout that will amount to absolutely nothing he'll reunite with Natalie since it will predictably turn out to be his baby. Even if I'm wrong, ABC likes Easton in sexual relationships and though I don't see them bringing on someone new for him, Inez is a plain jane in comparison.

• Members

Yep.

Even peripheral characters like Todd/Tea (Nate/Dani) & Marty (Nat's baby) have been affected by Clint & could have motives.

At this point the only characters not really affected by Clint are Blair, Cris, Darren, Destiny (which could change given how her relationship with Matthew), Joey/Kelly (which could also change given Aubrey's possible relationship to Clint) & Shaun.

• Members

Weren't John and Natalie more apart than together most of the time? He went with Marty in Higley's last two years, Natalie was with Jared for about two years. It seemed like Frons lost interest or someone did and they only came back together when someone sat down very hard on the show in late 2009. With Jolie it seems like they use it more to have John as this long-suffering guy Natalie can't quite live up to.

As for Who Shot Clint it would be either Joey or Brody, complete with taking Sam or Destiny hostage. Or it might be Renee, and she'd join Marian Colby in the asylum.

• Members

Natalie and John have been much more apart than together... it seemed like they were put back together for a lack of anything better to do with the characters. It isn't working.

It's probably going to turn out to be Nora who killed Eddie- just like she killed Colin without remembering. It will get everyone off the hook for it because I'm sure she won't pay for it... however, it's predictable with her "memory loss" so who knows. Maybe she did go back there- and saw who really did it?

• Members

I think Natalie and Jared were doing just fine until John needed rescuing from Jarty hell and per Carlivati, Marty needed some oomph. When that decision was made is anyone's guess, but Jared and Natalie didn't have a story for a long time -- and John and Marty never did after they were reunited. When the dance began again for Jolie it seemed John and Marty had just been hanging out together off screen. No progression was evident in their relationship at all. I really loved John's proposal to Natalie, and their wedding up to the point of interruption. But that seems to be what they do to the pairing time and again. I think they deliver but the point of the story is never to allow them to truly find happiness. All angst. All the time.

Archived