OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 3

• Members

My prob with Jolie--and John in any relationship is he doesn't seem to exist as a character unless he can rescue someone (preferably a needy woman). Maybe they'll put him with Inez next? :P I dunno, in all his time on the show the character just seems to stop having any purpose when he gets serious with someone.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I think I agree. Already Cutter has some sort of edge about him which to be fair, I think is more interesting for an actor to play anyway. Character slike Joey are pretty unforgiving material wise. I'm not a huge fan of nuJoey but at least he doesn't seem to be reading from a cue card like the ridiculously awful Bruce Michael Hall (who was doubly ridiculous always in that priest's collar)

• Members

To me men with edge are boring on today's soaps, because usually edge just means they look unwashed, or they don't bother to make eye contact with scene partners, or their characters treat women like garbage and are unpleasant.

I think Degnan is doing OK, he could be better, but the story is boring and rushed and the show will never give Joey a chance. Josh Kelly is lucky to be playing a character who can fit into the usual toxic men of Llanview, although he isn't lucky to have to share scenes with Terri Conn.

Archived