OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 3

• Members

The painting of Blair intrigues me. It was commissioned in 2003, but is of an image of her from her 1995 wedding? The new guy is named Tomas and somehow he's related to this painting, which Eli (who didn't know Blair in 2003) left for her. How does all this connect?! Is it true that Todd's full name includes Thomas somewhere in there? We already know that John's father's name was Thomas and Easton joined the show in 2003.

My problem with JL is her lack of spark. She's a beautiful woman and has no noticeable acting tics, but she is almost like a cure for insomnia. Putting her with Hilary, Robert and Jerry makes her look even worse, sorry to say. Then saddling her with 3 grown sons, all of who I could do without, really puts the nail in her coffin. I'll be shocked if she lasts past May.

I loved Natalie yesterday. She was on fire and I thought Melissa Archer did a fantastic job. I don't think the writers are telling us who to root for, since BOTH Natalie and Marty have valid points about each other. I think it's one of the best pairings on the show. John who?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For all she knew, Marty could have had a concussion from hitting her head and isntead of taking her to the hospital, she kidnapped her and is holding hostage. It is karma bc the tables are turned bc now Marty has the upper hand and is leaving her just as Natalie was ready to leave her

• Members

Marty isnt exactly sane right now. She's been motivated by vengeance the last few weeks and in her mind, Natalie didnt help her with her child, so she wont lay a finger to help Natalie with hers. Morally, Marty should get Natalie help but the viewer in me doesnt care bc of how bitchy and horrendous Natalie was to her just moments before she wtn down.

• Members

After being goaded into it by Marty. And I don't think it's that horrible. Marty overheard Natalie say that she wondered what would have happened if Marty hadn't gotten pregnant. Natalie never said or even thought IMO that it would be a great thing if Marty's baby didn't survive. In fact, part of her motivation now is to avoid causing John that kind of pain again. So after eavesdropping on a private conversation Marty refused to just drop it, and Natalie blurted out if it weren't for the baby John would be with her, which we all know is absolute truth. It's not like Natalie sought Marty out to say mean things to her. It's not like Natalie went out of her way to hurt Marty. In fact, Natalie took the high road many times when Marty was telling her all about John telling her that the kisses were meaningless, and how happy John was about the baby and blah blah blah. It wasn't nice for Natalie to say those things -- but it was TRUE and it wasn't deliberate and vindictive or vengeful. I don't care what Natalie does, I always root for her. I don't have to claim she's right and Marty is all wrong, I just know I always want her to find happiness even though it's all too brief each time she does get a grasp of it.

• Members

I thought they were definitely going to write Marty into a corner by making her completely lose it...

However, Natalie's actions in kidnapping her so desperately aren't exactly "sane" either. Both have been pushed to the edge- and Natalie's desperation dulls Marty's a bit. Yeah Marty is being pretty ruthless but at the end of it all- Natalie really caused all of these problems for herself. She slept with Brody, she hid the truth, and now she can't expect happy endings.

I hate John with Natalie, she is much better without him (or anyone). Honestly, I'd prefer her with Brody or someone new... John isn't cutting it. Try Jessica with Cutter and have Natalie a go with Brody.

• Members

Marty completely losing it wouldn't write her into a corner. Marty is one of the few truly "gray" characters on soaps. We've seen her evil and we've seen her saintly. We know her history and that history says that - whether because of grief or her head injury - "crazy" Marty isn't the real Marty. She's like a white female RJ.

Conversely I challenge anyone to say that the lying, gun-toting, creature who chose to endanger herself and her unborn child by heading up Llantano Mountain in the winter with a hostage in her trunk instead of going to the hospital to be with the sister she claims to love, is anything other than the real Natalie. Has Natalie ever shown ANY feeling for her child other than the hope it would tie her to McBain? Jess is willing to put her child first but if it meant she could screw John for the rest of her life, I have no doubt Natalie would leave her baby on that frozen mountaintop.

ETA: And before the Head Deacon of the Church of Carlivati starts shrieking at me for not watching, I *have* been following this story on YouTube. A friend who still watches sent me some clips and told me I wouldn't be disappointed. She was right. Go Marty!

• Members

Jessica is such an empty character that dumping a new man on her is the only method. I don't care about Cutter or his fellow cipher Aubrey, and I'd rather Cutter have time to prove himself before Brody is dumped for him.

As for Marty, I think it can go either way. She is needed for shock value stuff and to move story but after that she might go the way of Sky. Natalie, they have given her bad writing for years and years.

Anyone else wonder if they are doing this to make sure John isn't with Marty or Natalie? They might have him with Inez.

Archived