OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 3

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure who we're suppose to root for in this story between Marty and Natalie but I'm 100% on Marty's side. They should have kept Marty as a woman bitterly scorned, consumed by blinding range instead of taking the easy way out by making her crazy. It's such a ridiculous cop out. I have much more sympathy for Marty than Natalie when I don't think that was RC's intention. It's beyond the pale that Natalie kidnaps Marty, admits part of her was relieved when she thought she was dead, holds her hostage in a remote cabin, and when subjected to labor pains has the nerve to beg Marty to help her and Marty is suppose to be the villain who "leaves her there".

And Natalie still hasn't learned anything from her lies because she expects John to continue to keep the lie a secret to protect Brody and Jessica?! It takes a lot of nerve for someone to be so entitled.

• Members

I wish they would kill Natalie off. She's lasted about five years past her usefulness, if she was ever useful to begin with. She doesn't fit in at all in the family, and frankly I will always hate how she hijacked Jessica's position, and interfered with John and Evangeline's relationship. Her whole character is one that gets in the way and is one of the most annoying new characters of last decade. Furthermore, the way Melissa Archer pops her eyes in scenes is atrocious. I can't believe Natalie's lasted ten years, while Megan was only around for four.

• Members

Jessica Tuck ("Megan") decided to move on from soaps. She told TPTB that she did not want "Megan" to be recast after she left. TPTB did as she wanted and killed her off. Megan's post-mortem visits are only as a ghost when Tuck agrees to make a brief appearance.

Archived