Y&R: Week of November 29

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Maria could pace stories better it would help.

Adam/Sharon will always be sick & disturbing on some levels but Muhney & Case have enough chemistry to make it work.

Just not 6 months after Adam's crimes occur.

As usual Maria had a great story that had the potential to last for years (Nick/Sharon/Adam) & she ruined it by using Sharon to insta redeem Adam.

Amen.

• Members

+1

I hated this story nearly 15 years ago (or more) when it was Chris screwing Michael to get him redemption---and as badass as he was, he had nothing on the twisted mess that is Adam.

I don't get "confusing" Sharon this way or "freeing" her to screw Adam out of town like a inmate on a once-a-year conjugal pass. It's not even that she's simply f*cking his brains out on the sly. What's repugnant is the simpering way she wanted to be in a world of "their own" and acting like a lovesick fool, putting her head on his shoulder, etc.

No matter what she says from here on out, no one is EVER going to believe she knows what she wants. She'll spout off about "destiny" and "fate" and that stupid fortune teller, like she was given "permission" to ride Adam one "last" time. The fact is, she's already made her choice---and it's Adam. It was Adam from the minute she balked at Nick's proposal.

• Members

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much chemistry with Sharon Case and most of the men on the show. Her flings with Jack and Billy did nothing for me. You can't pair her with Michael or Victor. I just fail to see any chemistry with Adam. The entire thing feels sick. I honestly thing the biggest missed opportunity was putting Sharon with Neil. After Dru died they shared a lot of scenes and had strong chemistry. I think that could be a hot pairing, but they'd never put Sharon with a black man when they don't care about black people.

• Members

In recent years I've kind of wanted to see Sharon/Daniel, but not now.

For me the biggest mistake, one of so many, was to not have Sharon react to her baby dying. After all the talk about the miracle baby and the Cassie replacement, to have her shrug the whole thing off - presumably because they wanted to make sure viewers weren't that upset with Adam - was reprehensible.

• Members

My favorite movie ever! Thank you for quoting it -- even if it is in reference to The Sad and the Feckless.

I must agree. I do not feel anything when Sharon Case appears on my screen. I guess that is better than the disgust I hold for Giggly Heffa, but not by much. Whenever I see her with her orange tan and mullet extensions, she comes across as a complete bimbo. I mean, she's probably not in love with Nick anymore but she [!@#$%^&*] him... just because? To pass the time? She's not hungry? The writing for this character is atrocious.

I do see chemistry between Case and Muhney but diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, and it could be in the context of so many awful pairings on the show right now. The person she really had sparks with was, IMO, Don Diamont, but Rauch went and shat on all of that.

Gah, Sharon & Jack. They were the Anti-Chemistry. Peter Bergman really is unable to conjure up an sexual chemistry. Except maybe with Billy Miller.

• Members

Cheap -- back me up here! I remember Cheap and I posting about them. Y&R missed an opportunity there. In my humble opinion.

Watching yesterday's epi right now... gotta say, I still like Muhney & Case together. As sick as that makes me.

• Members

I know the shot at the end was supposed to be cute, to "thank" New Orleans...but it made the actors look like idiots.

The entire remote was a complete waste of time. Michael and Phyllis were completely useless. Surely TIIC could have found a somewhere closer to LA to use for outdoor scenes.

Color me unimpressed by the entire Adam/Sharon/Nick climax. Nick saw them hugging and decided he couldn't marry her? I thought this was going to be a whole lot juicier than that.

I miss ATWT.

• Members

Y&R doesn't do juicy. They make everything boring as hell.

Thank goodness Ridge isn't a fashion designer, or Maria would go all the way in ripping off B&B and have Nick give Phyllis a wedding dress for the runway and propose to her at the end of the show.

• Members

Well, they couldn't film on location without the pets. Sometimes this show is just way too obvious. Lauren doesn't rate a location shoot, but of course Michael and Phyllis do.

I was hoping Nick would catch Sharon and Adam in the act as well, but I think he realized that Sharon is still in love with Adam when she didn't seem to believe he killed Skye. Plus the dazed and confused way she was staring after Adam as the police led him away. laugh.gif

I'd be interested in the Jill/lauren relationship if they could get more than 1 scene every three months.

• Members

Hell would freeze over first. If Neil weren't Black he would have already spermed his way through Niki, Ashley, Phyllis, and Victoria years ago. I'm still surprised they tried him with Ashley but look how that turned out. Both his pairings with Victoria and Ashley were over before they began. And did they even have sex? They always made their scenes as asexual as possible not to offend the masses.

NOLA is suppose to be one of the most racially diverse cities in the US and Blacks still couldn't get decent airtime. Almost all the natives Micheal and Nick encountered were White. If it weren't for the location shoot and the Black band marching to the cemetery they might have very well been in GC. And what was up with the weird music they kept playing for the NOLA scenes? NOLA was a complete waste. The production was beautiful but the money spent on having three days of Sharon zombie walking with a permanent clueless look on her face was ridiculous. Sharon and Adam were gorgeous but they certainly didn't need a location shoot to have sex. To me the whole thing was a bust since Sharon still can't make up her got-damn mind even after Adam twisted her back out.

Archived