Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

https://archive.org/details/young-the-restless-general-hospital-partial-gtv-9-29-02-88

Here's another Australian episode from late March 1985 featuring a scene between Dina, Ashley, and Victor that is in the vault clips! There's also a beautiful performance of Kenny Rogers' "Crazy" by Patty Weaver at the 18:48 mark directed to Neil Fenmore who is in the audience.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

Lol, yeah. Even as a kid I would ignore her scenes, so I often forget she was in it so much. I pretty much skip her scenes on re-watch unless it is neccessary to view them. I did the same with Josh Morrow as Nicholas. I rarely paid attention to anything he was saying and only tuned into his scene partners, haha

In saying that I don't dislike Lauralee Bell, but Cricket is often annoying or worse, not interesting. 

Edited by will81

• Members

Oh Now i know why Terry Lester Complained! I've never got into the late 1980's properly, i didn't see anything wrong with her on the handful of episodes from 1983-89 episodes i spotted her in, So i guess Cricket only turned interesting after the rape 

• Members

Haha, yeah I was never a fan. I kept waiting for him to get better in the role but I think ultimately he was miscast. I think John Nelson-Alden should have held on to the role a few years and Nicholas could have been part of the late 90's teen set with some minor aging and with someone else in the role. 

• Members

Yes sorasing Nick so soon ultimately was short sighted.

Nick was born in 89 and was a  teen lead 6 years later and married by 97.

To fill the gap Billy was then sorased to be the new teen in 99 when again he was only 6 years old.

If the writers had been a bit more creative the show would be in better shape later on.

Maybe Matt Miller's son shows up in GC looking for his dad who has vanished. He stays with Victor and Nikki as a surrogate son and plays out the Nick stories.

Jennifer Foster was born in 1981 and could have returned in the mid to late 90's. She could have fallen for Brock's previously unknown son, thus setting Kay and Jill against each other in a variation of Mac/Billy.

Re Cricket : do we have any episode counts from that time to see if she actually led the appearance counts or did it just seem that way?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Agreed with the above. In terms of Cricket. Her appearances started going up in 1987 and even more so once Brenda was gone (probably just a coincidence)

We don't have enough from 1988 or 1989 to know for sure, but after the 87 counts I wouldn't be surprised. She was fourth for the year with 146 appearances of 246 eps. Lauralee was only behind Eric (148), Eileen (156) and Thom (156) for that year. 

Edited by will81