Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd start off by asking for a DVD, or maybe two, as a test. Do not send an unknown (unfamiliar to you or to trusted sources) sellers a significant amount of money at first. If you ask around, many traders have been lied to and ripped off by dishonest vendors over the years. I once had someone tell me he had a collection of The Guiding Light episodes from the 1970s. He wanted $2000.00 upfront.

Um...that was a big NO.

• Members

Despite the smiles and occasional giggling, Eileen looks slightly uncomfortable. She covers it well though.

The interviewer is presenting “leading” questions, making slightly judgmental comments on soap opera actors, which Davidson sidestepped as well as could be expected. Not the most insightful line of questioning from the interviewer, and he’s getting the responses his questions deserved.

• Members

I'm not too familiar with the YR plots of 1998/99 and something has always confused me...

Victor ditches Diane in the cruelest way after Nikki miraculously recovers, post-deathbed remarriage.

But by '99 Victor and Nikki are divorced again?? Anyone recall how that happened?

• Members

My unpopular opinion is that it wasn't that cruel. The deal was Diane divorces him so he can be married to Nikki until she dies. She didn't die, so they stayed married. I found it reasonable enough. It would have also been cruel to tell Nikki "cool that you survived but I don't actually love you or want to be married to you." That's my opinion as of when it originally aired - haven't rewatched the story in full, so maybe my opinion would change. I also didn't see Diane and Victor as a great love story. He married her to get to Jack, same as Jack did to Victor when he married Nikki. If anything I'd say marrying Diane was crueler than divorcing her.

Diane had the Victor/Nikki deathbed marriage invalidated due to the rushed divorce and remarriage (similar to Kay/Phillip). In the 6/30/98 Classic episode (Jill and Kay attic fight), there are several scenes with Michael going to the courthouse to look into the legality of the marriage. At one point Nikki and Victor had to pretend they weren't together while he was trying to settle with Diane. There was a clip in Victor's 40th anniversary of Nikki sneaking into his office dressed as a cleaning lady.

It all led up the sperm caper in 1999.

• Members

I was out exercising this morning, and my thoughts kept circling back to Victor and Nikki, and I realized I still have nagging questions...  (only on a soap forum could people understand that I would be out exercising and thinking of vintage '90s Young and the Restless 

Please register in order to view this content

)

I recently watched summer '96. Nikki was vulnerable with Victor and made it clear she was open to a reconciliation. IMO he seemed totally disinterested. Like, he had moved on from that chapter in his life. Hope straight-up asks Victor if he will remarry Nikki, and he replies, "I don't see that happening"

So I guess my question is - when does Victor re-discover his love for Nikki? Is it before Nikki is shot, or is it because Nikki is shot and on death's door?

• Members

lol. Guilty of this so totally understand.

Please register in order to view this content

Granted I was young and came in and out of plot due to school, but going by the Clarence Update hehe I always thought he rediscovered his love because she had been shot and on death's door. Not before. I thought before they did the 'be with someone else to get a rise out of the ex' game that soap exes like to do back in the day.