Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I received some more DVDs from the Y&R angel who sent me things in the past including that wonderful New Year's Eve 1985 with the Conga scene.

Please register in order to view this content

I'll be uploading things as I go through the disks. The angel had Phillip III's death scene in English which I had been looking for for many years! It used to be on the website Soap Hunks and is finally online once again thanks to the angel! 

It's an amazing scene. Tricia, Jeanne, and Jess really deserved Emmys for this. Hard to believe they could undo this with the stroke of a pen later.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Only time I can remember was a brief scene when Colleen was doing home work and taking care of Little Abby at Athletic Club and Victor came over to see them. Colleen had to take a phone call and Victor watched Abby and was talking to her. 

Most of the playlists are set to private

Edited by fivethej

• Members

Another clip from the angel I've never seen before from November 1984. Short, but features a snapshot of a lot of characters including Victor, Nikki, Kay, Brent, Dina, Esther, Traci, John, Paul, Andy, Danny, Lauren, Jack and Jill. The cuts look fan made, so I wonder if this whole episode is out there somewhere, could even be from more than one episode... (I think this comes from YouTube and have no idea who was the original uploader).

• Members

From SOD

Bill Bell interview re working with Lee.

"We don't write together per se. We talk a lot",Bill Bell explained when asked how he and wife Lee collaborate.

"Lee is a pipeline and a source for good story material-especially when it comes to social issues-but we don't sit down and write out projected storylines in the formal sense.We just sort of make it up as we go along.Lee is very pivotal to a lot of story and character ideas,but I am the thrust of the show.I do all the daily blocking on B&B,that is I do the outlines for the scriptwriters.I block both shows in the long term sense.And you have to sort of streamline the operation if you're going to be doing the amount of work that we're doing.But there are really no shortcuts in the terms if the thought process.You have to work on something until it feels right.At least I do.I go on my instincts.

"A storyline is really a process of trial and error. I've always said that everyone that I work with that there is no such thing as a bad idea,because any idea can be a catalyst to a better idea,it may open the door to something else.so,there aren't disagreements in that sense of tension.Tension stifles people and that is the last thing you want when you are working as a group to create something.Lee and I tend to mesh.Lee plugs into my psyche and we have developed some very memorable stories together.We read each other well.And I think we understand that the key to a partnership,is that,ultimately one person must prevail.it's never the kind of thing where we are at opposite ends of the spectrum and then I prevail.It's usually that I know I am going to be developing the story and I know what feels comfortable and what doesn't.

If it doesn't feel comfortable to me,then I don't do it.I can't do it.I would say that I think there should be a separation of responsibility if you want to keep compatibility.If we're both working on the same words or on the same scene on the same scripts,sooner or later you're going to have a difference of opinion.You're bound to.In a working relationship,those differences co-exist.

"One exciting aspect of working on a new show-and Y&R-is that my whole family is here.The kids are learning so much about the business(Lauralee plays Cricket on Y&R,Bradley is on B&B's writing team,while Bill Jr is involved in production.)Frankly that is one of the reasons B&B exists.CBS had been after me for ten years to do another show and I felt I had my hands full with Y&R.But I wanted them to see the excitement,to see everything that goes into the making of a serial.so,we're all in it together.People ask me what we do to get away from it.The answer is nothing.We don't want to get away from it.We thrive on it."